• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bling

Reaction score
L01 > Trucker. Both sick though.

L01 is an icon, of course. Initially the trucker didn't catch my eye, but I've seen some pics of it being modelled and it looks *so* sick. Does anyone know if the trucker is a Vacc creation or Slimane?

For example:

I live in a colder climate, and that look with the sweater underneath is just top notch IMO.

My one concern is that the trucker obviously looks like a denim jacket, and I love wearing denim jackets. I have two, one of which I wear quite frequently. In acquiring this one, it might be a little too much of the same thing.

From that vantage point, I'd favour having something *completely* different, rather than something that could be mistaken for another denim jacket. I do like the potential of dressing up the trucker... that could be interesting, whereas I'd wager with the L01 it would be tough to pull off.

I'm also not too afraid to stray from the permanent collection stuff. I have a suede jacket purchased from the outlet that I love, it fits awesome, I can layer with it, etc. Sometimes I find the non permanent collection stuff cooler.

Ultimately, this will be settled at the boutique :) I'm pretty good about trusting my gut and I tend to know if a piece is "the one" or not.

Would be interesting to hear from anyone that has both of these, or went through a similar decision making process.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would just go to the store and try them both and see which you like better. Both are probably going to have incredibly lush lambskin leather, so it's really just a matter of which you like better, or which would go with your other clothing. I seem to remember Keanu Reeves modeled the trucker and it looked really good on him in campaign photos.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think I much prefer the trapper jacket to the trucker, which they obviously don't make anymore. Hopefully Celine puts out something similar soon:
leather.JPG
8Db4BcJTaOBR0qmBZ4gQ

Bling

Reaction score
Thanks all. Ended up going with the trucker. Love the feel of it and prefer the slightly looser fit in comparison to the L01. Brought a few shirts/hoodies and liked the look of layering it.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought I responded; I have them both, and wear the trucker 8:1 to the L01, not even close. You made the right decision.

Bling

Reaction score
SG:

I read your posts earlier in the thread on the trucker and L01. That helped, as did the Keanu Reeves ad that GG mentioned :)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On a random note, Dave Grohl wears the Trucker all the time. I think that's cool; I read his book, he's a hilarious, thoughtful, talented guy to say the least!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Think this is Dave grohl wearing the newer aviator (apologies in advance but the picture includes teh nauseating Dave Matthews
Dave-Matthews-Dave-Grohl.jpg

Rocking the trucker at some dumb awards show:
FoPnqcTWYAIlOAH.jpg:large

Adamdraps

Reaction score
I appreciate it. You're not wrong. It's just that the ideal body type for slp requires at least some level of anorexia and starvation. I don't think that's healthy. Then again the whole vibe of Hedi's vision was that, and I love it. But since I'm already underweight, I don't wanna sacrifice my health too much for this. I don't think it's that horrible like some people have said, cause irl I only get positive feedback aside from certain homophobics who comment on how high the heels on my boots are for example. But I understand that I'm not the ideal body type. At the same time, I think I can still make it work since I'm a thin person overall.

That's a horrible thing to say. Some of us don't have an ED or starve themselves. I personally workout 6 days a week and eat healthy 4 days a week. Also blessed with good genes. All that has nothing to do with fitting in SLP clothing though. I just chose to live a healthier lifestyle way before I got into SLP. When I did I was grateful to find clothing that actually fit me.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are great photos of Dave - thanks for sharing!! The trucker and even the bomber both look excellent.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see that in two days there's going to be a new menswear show. It's called "each man kills the thing he loves", which is either a direct reference to the Oscar Wilde quote or the use of it in the insane film querelle.

I'm probably not the only one who hasn't bought much from the last few collections. I managed to get a belt and a cashmere scarf, that's it. I've liked the collections on paper, but the stuff is just not for me. At any rate I'm sorta optimistic about the coming show just based on teh title.

rire

Reaction score
Not a single comment about the show. Tells you everything you need to know!

silentownage001

Reaction score
I see that in two days there's going to be a new menswear show. It's called "each man kills the thing he loves", which is either a direct reference to the Oscar Wilde quote or the use of it in the insane film querelle.

I'm probably not the only one who hasn't bought much from the last few collections. I managed to get a belt and a cashmere scarf, that's it. I've liked the collections on paper, but the stuff is just not for me. At any rate I'm sorta optimistic about the coming show just based on teh title.

I'm with you on that. I find the pieces harder to incorporate into my style. They lack the wearability Hedi's designs had. I do like what Vacc puts out even though I don't partake as much as I'd like.

Also, if I was in a place like NYC, Paris, London, etc. I'd probably feel bolder, but the midwest is a fashion desert and some of it, at least for me right now, feels too out there.

Not a single comment about the show. Tells you everything you need to know!

I finally watched it today. I liked it. I'm hoping there are more wearable pieces when it drops. I did appreciate the slim-fit trousers in the collection. I also liked the boots, although going off the conversation in the Celine thread, they're just harder to wear day-to-day. I've tried the Vasilli boots and liked them, but just unsure when I'd really use them.

Oh well, this means I won't spend as much!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads