• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Regarding the bottom peeling away, that has happened to 3+ of my fw13 boots, still need to get them fixed. One time it happened on the way into work - not a good look when you've got the back bottom of the boot with the heel click-clacking and flopping around... it's got to the point where before I'm going out-out, knowing I have no recourse to other footwear, I'll do a spot check/consciously decide on particular boots based on how much of a lottery I think it is that they'd fall apart,
I feel like this is unacceptable for boots that cost more than $1000.

silentownage001

Reaction score
I feel like this is unacceptable for boots that cost more than $1000.
The leather half soles weren't glued down all the way in my chelseas. Where the edge met the white part it was loose. My zip boots on the other hand were fine.

cjmorris21

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I bought a pair of SLP boots but I just got a pair of tan jodhpurs for a great deal from an Italian site. On all of my other boots I sent them somewhere to have sole protectors installed, I forget what the exact terminology is called. Can anyone fill me in on that and also perhaps a place to send these boots to have the same thing installed? I know it was the same place I sent my other four or five pairs of boots but I just cannot find the information since it was like five years ago.

Thanks for your help.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's been a while since I bought a pair of SLP boots but I just got a pair of tan jodhpurs for a great deal from an Italian site. On all of my other boots I sent them somewhere to have sole protectors installed, I forget what the exact terminology is called. Can anyone fill me in on that and also perhaps a place to send these boots to have the same thing installed? I know it was the same place I sent my other four or five pairs of boots but I just cannot find the information since it was like five years ago.

Thanks for your help.
I think you can just take them to your local cobbler, assuming s/he isn't totally incompetent.

Does anyone happen to know if this scarf is itchy?

piblondin

Reaction score

Thanks for your help.
I usually hear they referred to as rubber half-soles or by the two major brand names that make them: Vibram and Topy. I'd personally just find a local cobbler to do them, rather them incurring the additional expense of sending them off somewhere.

piblondin

Reaction score
It's like one of the Cartier ones. you can search the thread.

If anyone cares, the private sale starts Wednesday online
I did search, but couldn't find the answer. I know that he's often photographed wearing a Cartier Tank, but this doesn't look like a Cartier to me.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did search, but couldn't find the answer. I know that he's often photographed wearing a Cartier Tank, but this doesn't look like a Cartier to me.
Try the Celine thread. I definitely know this has been discussed before.

Featured Sponsor

VOTE: Layering Friday Challenge

• @gerry nelson

Votes: 22 40.0%
  • @xeoniq

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • @Tar Heel

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • @monkey66

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • @Alocin

Votes: 5 9.1%