• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bill H

Reaction score
There's one L17 on Vinted listed for 1.4K Eur right now. Actually really good looking jacket but I can't buy from there due to country restrictions. . .

Hello! You are doing the right thing waiting for a FW13 version... in size 46 or 48, the oiled calf (which tends to hold the highest census review) should be ~4K, and a heritage calf could be 3500... I would wait for one of these and do it right (the SS16 mutton, people really like that one as well but I can't vouch). The issue you will run into is that you will need to wait for one to pop up... but me, i would 100% wait. Best of luck

Zbregov

Reaction score
The really coveted leathers are the ones known as the multi-zip, which goes for considerably more than your run of the mill rider. And to a lesser extent I'd say that "d ring" one too.

Speaking of the D-ring, that jacket is interesting. While most SLP riders possess somewhat unique design features, some more than the others, I literally had to check for the SLP logo on the zippers on the D-ring to realize it's not Hein Gericke or Polo.

Hello! You are doing the right thing waiting for a FW13 version... in size 46 or 48, the oiled calf (which tends to hold the highest census review) should be ~4K, and a heritage calf could be 3500... I would wait for one of these and do it right (the SS16 mutton, people really like that one as well but I can't vouch). The issue you will run into is that you will need to wait for one to pop up... but me, i would 100% wait. Best of luck

That's my reasoning, too (and I heard from another seller that the oiled calf is the one to get). Waiting isn't such a bad thing once you figure out exactly what to wait for so I'm glad to hear my reasoning validated here. Thank you!

Bill H

Reaction score
Speaking of the D-ring, that jacket is interesting. While most SLP riders possess somewhat unique design features, some more than the others, I literally had to check for the SLP logo on the zippers on the D-ring to realize it's not Hein Gericke or Polo.

That's my reasoning, too (and I heard from another seller that the oiled calf is the one to get). Waiting isn't such a bad thing once you figure out exactly what to wait for so I'm glad to hear my reasoning validated here. Thank you!
You are welcome... the waiting for this is all over the place; I see a bunch once in a while and then a dry spot for months. The other question is going to be the sizing... it may fit different than other years... here is a page you will be interested in... look back through the thread for more, there has to be some info on sizing... some of us go crazy for FW13... so worth the wait.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Anyone pick up this shirt? Just got it and the wool flannel is rough and scratchy as hell. No way I can wear it directly on my skin. Definitely need a long shirt underneath. Ridiculous for a $800 price point shirt. It’s going back. Love the fit and color but annoyed at the fabric. Makes me wonder why they would choose this type of wool when there are plenty of washed, soft and cozy non- scratchy flannels out there.

View attachment 1695486

It can often be such a hassle shopping online for anything described as 100% wool or 100% cotton because you have no idea what you're getting when it comes to how comfortable it is. Especially annoying for SL pieces because they made a lot of cozy flannels in the past.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bros: is it true that the fw13 cowboy suede Wyatt's were of **** quality? And if not so, were they the same size as subsequent ones?

Bill H

Reaction score
Bros: is it true that the fw13 cowboy suede Wyatt's were of **** quality? And if not so, were they the same size as subsequent ones?
This is an interesting one... I can speak to it... the suede quality is better, the zipper quality is better, and even the sole is more premium; however, recently they have been falling apart on me for no reason... the sole has started to split from the upper and one of the snaps randomly broke off on my harness version... I would say the quality is the best but my experience is that they are precious.

Simon Dykes

Reaction score

I feel like I read that they were glued rather than blake stitched, but don't quote me

Adamdraps

Reaction score

FW13 wyatts were the best quality and fit. The new ones are so bad they look fake!

I feel like I read that they were glued rather than blake stitched, but don't quote me

That's the only downside to FW13. While the material is of higher quality, the soles were glued rather than blake welt stitched. It's not that big of a deal. I've taken my FW13 boots to my cobbler to be re glued. Easy fix.

BigRed

Reaction score
Can a denim expert decode this for me? Is D27 boot cut?
17E13DA9-E01A-4F26-9C89-3F1D2D189E27.jpeg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^No idea on those, but I 'm intrigued.

Yes, I had heard that the soles of the fw13 Wyatt's were glued. I always get vibram soles put on by shoes--woudl this make a difference? To be clear, I'm looking at the dark brown cowboy ones, with the side zips and the straps at the top.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Can a denim expert decode this for me? Is D27 boot cut?
View attachment 1695793

This code basically means Denim 27 Men's (EP?) Mid Waist. I'm not sure what the EP means in this code.

The D17 is a boot cut model and that code is D17 M/BC-LW. The BC in this one obviously stands for boot cut, which makes me think EP is something else entirely.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is an interesting one... I can speak to it... the suede quality is better, the zipper quality is better, and even the sole is more premium; however, recently they have been falling apart on me for no reason... the sole has started to split from the upper and one of the snaps randomly broke off on my harness version... I would say the quality is the best but my experience is that they are precious.
Did you take them into a cobbler? sorry for double post

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh that makes sense, we're piecing this together. But it is ironic the pair you linked doesn't have a code at all.
We're working together to make the world a better place. I do not think the fit on these is going to interest people though. This is how ssense is modeling them. It does look like the model sized up on the waist though
saint-laurent-black-etienne-jeans.jpg

Also, can I get confirmation that the fw13 Wyatt's fit true to size? I thought I read that they fit slimmer than subsequent ones

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads