• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
does the fw13 oiled calf L17 have shorter sleeves? i’m 6’0 wearing a size 52 and the sleeves end like 1.5 inches above my wrist when i straighten my arms. i was thinking maybe it’s been altered but the sleeve zippers are the same length as other L17s. i’m thinking you would need to shorten the zipper to shorten the sleeves? from some fw13 runway/campaign pics it looks a little cropped but just wanna be sure
Hey i have a fw 13 l17 size 54 if you are interested in trading

PDX-S

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just looking into SL boots and found these on Yoox. I actually like the slightly squared off toebox, figuring it might be a touch more comfortable, but I couldn't determine what style SL boots these were, as I couldn't find anything else with the squared off toe. Are these older mainline SL, or something produced for Yoox at a lower quality?
Any insight would be appreciated.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just looking into SL boots and found these on Yoox. I actually like the slightly squared off toebox, figuring it might be a touch more comfortable, but I couldn't determine what style SL boots these were, as I couldn't find anything else with the squared off toe. Are these older mainline SL, or something produced for Yoox at a lower quality?
I think those were called the Miles boot

Simon Dykes

Reaction score
Hello All,

I had these in black suede and ended up selling them because the shaft + buckle was too wide for how I like to wear my denim so I ended up never really wearing them

They are nice but only good with wider pants I guess. They go for peanuts on eBay so don't buy at that price on Yoox.

Sweet 2th

Reaction score
Has anyone here had any experience with handwashing or machine washing their viscose shirts? I have a couple of them and so far have always just had them dry cleaned but is that really necessary. If I could get away with washing them at home I would.

Has anyone done this and had any shrinkage disasters?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here had any experience with handwashing or machine washing their viscose shirts? I have a couple of them and so far have always just had them dry cleaned but is that really necessary. If I could get away with washing them at home I would.

This has definitely been discussed in the thread, so if your searching skills are on point you'd probably be able to find some information. I feel like this is the type of thing that probably has a good youtube tutorial.

PDX-S

Reaction score
I had these in black suede and ended up selling them because the shaft + buckle was too wide for how I like to wear my denim so I ended up never really wearing them

They are nice but only good with wider pants I guess. They go for peanuts on eBay so don't buy at that price on Yoox.
Thank you for the insight, much appreciated.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see that cool leather jacket has popped up on the ysl website. It says it's "75% lambskin, 25% sheepskin", whatever that means. The dumb pins look like they come with it, as someone in the thread prophesied.
Large-660982YCFG21000_A.jpg

Adamdraps

Reaction score

I always hand wash with Woolite. Have never experienced shrinkage or fading.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
I see that cool leather jacket has popped up on the ysl website. It says it's "75% lambskin, 25% sheepskin", whatever that means. The dumb pins look like they come with it, as someone in the thread prophesied.
Large-660982YCFG21000_A.jpg

Unfortunate, but expected. They did get rid of one of them, for some reason. The circular one is also different. Would prefer it without the pins though.

00032-Saint-Laurent-Menswear-Fall-2021.jpg

Also noticed Anthony is once again out of ideas and is now recycling the jorts for FW.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sizing advice on the Wyatt Chelsea boots?
Measure size 8 on Brannock.

RedVelvetWounds

Reaction score
Those jorts look weird with the blazer and that shirt

When the jorts were first introduced he styled them that way as well which makes sense because it's for summer. So you can wear a light shirt with jorts and when it gets colder in the evening you throw a blazer on top. I just don't really understand the vampiric top half with jorts on the bottom for the winter.

jorts 2.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads