• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FsXClan - that's a gorgeous piece, for sure. It almost reminds me of a new item that caught my eye from the new spring/summer collection, which I'm trying to resist (I think my desire is more for warm weather than another piece!):

1613070904598.png

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
I have some experience here. So far, Celine is bigger all around in the torso and arms for me with slightly lower armholes, too, so it's a roomier to much roomier fit depending on the cut of the jacket. Celine trends about a half inch longer too in outerwear, but again, that can vary depending on the piece. I don't think you'd need to size up or down unless you're going for a skinny look, in which case size down one for Celine.

in other words if I want the Celine biker to fit like my size 50 L17 I should take the 48 Celine?

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
in other words if I want the Celine biker to fit like my size 50 L17 I should take the 48 Celine?
I haven't tried the biker, but I seem to remember people saying that that jacket fit tts. Now, for the blousons, I would size down one, maybe two, if you are after the classic hs fit (in my experience, and what I've gleaned from others).

Also, I'm rather disappointed by the pieces I'm seeing from the vacc ss collection here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pearls - would you be able to return? My one concern is that it's more the cut of the body that seems larger in my Celine pieces than the shoulders themselves, so for instance, if you have anywhere close to broad shoulders I would be hesitant to size down to a 48, probably go TTS and know that it's a slightly different look.

Randeep

Reaction score
does anyone know what season this shirt is from?

No idea, googling fragments of the tag code (such as "407717 Y816L") might help - for example you get a search result to this site: https://www.buyma.com/item/20954625/. Looks to be SS16.

I would personally pass on that flannel and go for one of the bleached ones from SS16 (which my advice answering your next post is about, and not this non-bleached variant). Also his asking price is ridiculous.

if i usually wear L for SLP and celine shirts (size 41), would a M or L fit better for bleach shirts from ss16? thanks

Sounds like you're slightly broader framed than me. I have several of those bleached+distressed shirts (note: NOT and each of them are size L. I had tried M but they were pulling at my chest, but also the cuffs were a tad too short on me in size M. I went with L which works well for me -- I definitely wouldn't want a distressed hem, bleached flannel to err on the side of being more fitted than less fitted so I think you should be going for L.

FsXClan - that's a gorgeous piece, for sure. It almost reminds me of a new item that caught my eye from the new spring/summer collection, which I'm trying to resist (I think my desire is more for warm weather than another piece!):

View attachment 1553725

Please don't.

I'm a 48-verging-on-50. The SS19 washed lamb biker that I tried in 48 had a severe cut on me (which I like), but some might have said 50 was the better choice, based on preference. The 48 in the permanent collection calf biker (which I don't like as much as the SS19 one) seemed more slightly more 'true to size' (read: looser) than the SS19.

SirG has provided good info too. Really, where the faculty will allow it, you should try both sizes to ensure the perfect fit. My order of purchase preference is:

- in-store where both sizes are available/comparable, ruminate *, potentially buy on the spot (there's something special about buying in-store which is lost online).
- or purchase both online, try at home with multiple fits/at your own convenience, ruminate*, choose one and return one.
- as above but purchases/returns done sequentially
- if size availability is limited to one or the other from entity that allows returns, find out as much as I can about sizing info up-front, purchase with prospect of returning
- if size availability is limited to one or the other from entity that doesn't accept returns, find out as much as I can about sizing info up-front, purchase with no prospect of returning and hope for the best

So yeah, I'd recommend trying both sizes to be sure. Based on what you've said so far, and assuming your L17 in size 50 is from 2014 onwards (generalisation), if your purchase preference is limited then I'd try the 50 in the classic Celine biker as your starting point.

pearls_before_swine

Reaction score
No idea, googling fragments of the tag code (such as "407717 Y816L") might help - for example you get a search result to this site: https://www.buyma.com/item/20954625/. Looks to be SS16.

I would personally pass on that flannel and go for one of the bleached ones from SS16 (which my advice answering your next post is about, and not this non-bleached variant). Also his asking price is ridiculous.

Sounds like you're slightly broader framed than me. I have several of those bleached+distressed shirts (note: NOT and each of them are size L. I had tried M but they were pulling at my chest, but also the cuffs were a tad too short on me in size M. I went with L which works well for me -- I definitely wouldn't want a distressed hem, bleached flannel to err on the side of being more fitted than less fitted so I think you should be going for L.

Please don't.

I'm a 48-verging-on-50. The SS19 washed lamb biker that I tried in 48 had a severe cut on me (which I like), but some might have said 50 was the better choice, based on preference. The 48 in the permanent collection calf biker (which I don't like as much as the SS19 one) seemed more slightly more 'true to size' (read: looser) than the SS19.

SirG has provided good info too. Really, where the faculty will allow it, you should try both sizes to ensure the perfect fit. My order of purchase preference is:

- in-store where both sizes are available/comparable, ruminate *, potentially buy on the spot (there's something special about buying in-store which is lost online).
- or purchase both online, try at home with multiple fits/at your own convenience, ruminate*, choose one and return one.
- as above but purchases/returns done sequentially
- if size availability is limited to one or the other from entity that allows returns, find out as much as I can about sizing info up-front, purchase with prospect of returning
- if size availability is limited to one or the other from entity that doesn't accept returns, find out as much as I can about sizing info up-front, purchase with no prospect of returning and hope for the best

So yeah, I'd recommend trying both sizes to be sure. Based on what you've said so far, and assuming your L17 in size 50 is from 2014 onwards (generalisation), if your purchase preference is limited then I'd try the 50 in the classic Celine biker as your starting point.

thank you so much!!!

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yo Randeep, how do you size your Hedi era SLP blazers, assuming you wear them? Appreciate it!

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
I recently got a size 52 and i feel like its a little baggy. What do you guys think ?top is 52 bot is 50
149244532_205496351305366_7986640492060642615_n.jpg
150468556_412134543210272_2469929904092630916_n.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks cool to me, definitely you could size down one, but I feel I can almost always say that! I'm usually into a more pristine leather look, but really digging the weathering effect on that piece. Length looks spot on, although I see your point, it's a little big around the chest and arms compared to what I'm used to seeing.

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
Looks cool to me, definitely you could size down one, but I feel I can almost always say that! I'm usually into a more pristine leather look, but really digging the weathering effect on that piece. Length looks spot on, although I see your point, it's a little big around the chest and arms compared to what I'm used to seeing.
thanks for the feedback!

REbelGreaser

Reaction score
Anyone here that owns an l17 calfskin
Do you guys know how long it takes to fully break it in with consistent wear like daily?

puttysan

Reaction score
looking to buy this shirt in sz 40 or 41
does anyone have 1 for sale ?

Attachments

• 87185407_10221195308783270_6863232463401910272_n.jpg
    87185407_10221195308783270_6863232463401910272_n.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 62

Randeep

Reaction score
Yo Randeep, how do you size your Hedi era SLP blazers, assuming you wear them? Appreciate it!

I don't wear blazers. I keep mental tabs what Kieran says those re. blazer sizing, i.e. he's between 48-50 and I think goes for 50 in blazers a lot of the time, so as a general rule I'd 'guess' I'd more likely need a 50 if I did start wearing them. Not sure about Celine though.

I recently got a size 52 and i feel like its a little baggy. What do you guys think ?top is 52 bot is 50

I do not like the size 52 with the pre-distressing and the stars plastered across the shoulders, although maybe in conjunction with your style this might be more your 'look. On sizing I noticed you asked in the leather jacket thread and was unanimously told the size 50 is too small. I would only agree with them in so far as seeing your full fit pic (where you wore loose (relatively to me) jeans), where the 50 due to how fitted it is makes you look a little bottom heavy when paired with sz52. You also said you had 17" arms, which makes me think the 52 would flatter you more as it currently stands.

50 - still my personal preference, but I think would only work better for the emaciated rockstar look if you lost mass and wore more fitted jeans to even out the balance.
52 - works better for you as it stands with your current mass and the rest of your style. Given your username, put it this way: would Jax Teller wear the 50 ...? I think not.

looking to buy this shirt in sz 40 or 41
does anyone have 1 for sale ?

Check grailed?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads