• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted, and where you will find more and more great sales posted as Black Friday approacheds, HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dacarden

Reaction score
I've seen quite some 'sample' jackets pop-up on grailed & ebay lately. Instead of a complete care tag, they have a sample tag:
View attachment 1476852

Does anyone have experience with these, know how to judge authenticity?
I have bought a few sample pieces and have actually been very pleased with them. I would suggest only buying them from reputable sellers. That tag looks identical to the ones on my samples. I just purchased a SS16 sample that I am in love with. Just make sure to get all measurements because they can vary in size quite a bit.

To me it means a lot to me to be able to own pieces that are 1 of 1. They become a sentimental part of my wardrobe :)

Reactions: BxQ

malcolmbw

Reaction score
Anyone handled this piece or know what season it was offered?

Curious about sizing and quality, think it's called the Black Tweed Teddy but haven't been able to find any info on it.

1603501625812.png

Last edited:

rokor

Reaction score
I have bought a few sample pieces and have actually been very pleased with them. I would suggest only buying them from reputable sellers. That tag looks identical to the ones on my samples. I just purchased a SS16 sample that I am in love with. Just make sure to get all measurements because they can vary in size quite a bit.

To me it means a lot to me to be able to own pieces that are 1 of 1. They become a sentimental part of my wardrobe :)
RT. I once sold a sample FW13 silk jacquard Le Smoking for $170... I needed the cash bad enough that it made sense at the time but it's the single most regrettable sale I made to this day. Sample pieces when made well are really top of the game imo.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's