• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to see you all have a sense of humor. The way that SLP jeans fit from Hedi's area seem to vary quite a bit from my experience. I am a 32 in 2013-2014, 31 in 2015-SS2016 and a 30 in FW2016. Buying previous season SLP denim has been a journey of trial and error for me.

Anyone else experience this?
Absolutely, and best fit/season really depends on the person. Despite earlier seasons such as FW13 being revered for best fit, my 2018 pair of D02's actually fit me best. The higher rise in the back is far more comfortable to me, and I simply tapered them below the knee to a 5.75" leg opening for $15. I own pairs from 13, 14, 16, and 18 and this pair is my favorite. Totally depends on your body measurements.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are SLP and Celine both skipping menswear shows for this F/W? I don't see them listed for the Paris schedule. A bit of a bummer, since F/W is the best. ;)

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Absolutely, and best fit/season really depends on the person. Despite earlier seasons such as FW13 being revered for best fit, my 2018 pair of D02's actually fit me best. The higher rise in the back is far more comfortable to me, and I simply tapered them below the knee to a 5.75" leg opening for $15. I own pairs from 13, 14, 16, and 18 and this pair is my favorite. Totally depends on your body measurements.
From what I can tell my 2015 Denim fit pretty much the same as the 2019 pair. My 2015 pair is 1 size bigger though.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
is the fabric the same for all the different years?

BxQ

Reaction score
Since we were on the topic of raw hemming jeans. I did this a while ago with a pair of d02's:
_20200116_223717.JPG
Personally, I wouldn't do it again. Every time I put them on I have to be extra cautious to not further tear out the stitching:
0000_0000_00000000(193).jpg

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SLP flannel quality (and design) has come and go. any other similar aesthetics / fit / style?

thanks!

dacarden

Reaction score
SLP flannel quality (and design) has come and go. any other similar aesthetics / fit / style?

thanks!

Amiri flannels from his earlier collections are pretty nice for fit and style. Quality can be questionable if it has snaps.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've tried a few other flannels but nothing ever felt quite as nice to SLP. They still own the flannel category to me, and the rest are imitations. I still have people asking to touch my flannel from SLP; i know a bit weird but it exudes that type of quality. The rest are just flannel.

I have a few BoO Band of Outsiders, which are a few years old. They're quite fitted and cool, but I don't think they're around anymore. More of a skinny plebe look.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ha amazing! That reminds me, does anyone have experience with Celine flannels? They look quite nice, too. Very luxe western. I have a couple old-school ones from Dior when Hedi was there or maybe the year he left but they're so brutally slim.

sbaublys

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever had their Wyatts resoled? If so, do you have pictures/shop/price info? And I'm not taking about toe taps or topy, I'm talking about a full resole.

dacarden

Reaction score
Has anyone here ever had their Wyatts resoled? If so, do you have pictures/shop/price info? And I'm not taking about toe taps or topy, I'm talking about a full resole.
I had a pair of Santiags resoled that I purchased as a resto project (successfully rescued them). I believe the resoling cost about $120? They also threw vibram soles on there at that price. The only way you could tell they were resoled was the bottoms of the sole no longer have SLP on the bottom. Other than that, quality was near 1:1. It was a cobbler shop in San Diego that I visited regularly to vibram all of my shoes or clean my suede.

dacarden

Reaction score
Wyatt’s in the snow? Anyone have any suggestions? I was considering buying a “beater” pair of used Wyatt’s to weatherproof and maybe put some gripper soles on.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads