• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

rire

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the toebox... Don't you think it would look better if it was slightly more pointy (...or if it was basically a Jacno I guess)?

BigRed

Reaction score
I'm not sure about the toebox... Don't you think it would look better if it was slightly more pointy (...or if it was basically a Jacno I guess)?
I like it better that it’s not so pointy because I just bought two pairs of Lukas that are obviously pointy.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
What do you guys do to treat/take care of your Wyatts? I picked up a pair of black suede harness today and I’m absolutely in love. Just want to make sure I can make them last as long as I can. I know shoe trees and keeping them in the dust bag is recommended. Do I need to waterproof them? And someone on reddit mentioned getting discreet rubber soles put on, is that a good or bad idea? Last thing, anyone have a cobbler in NYC they could recommend? Yelp reviews are only getting me so far.

(That is a bunch of questions all at once, sorry.)
you honestly don't have to do anything to them, assuming quality hasn't dropped since Hedi left, they'll last for years no matter what you put them through. I don't take care of my boots at all and they're all still holding up amazingly. They've all been through multiple snows, rainy days, the desert and a shit ton of mud, and I've probably put over 4-500 miles into all of them, if not more. My leather harnesses are my concert shoes. Hell, I even wore my lizards while wading through a flooded lake. They definitely don't look brand new, but just adds character to them.

If you really want to baby them, use cedar shoe trees and wipe them down after they get wet. Condition them once a year or so. Wear the heels down until they're no longer black and get some vibram on them.
As a quick aside, is anyone able to suggest any options for flared denim? I’m not completely against purchasing a pair from Celine or Saint Laurent when they release but I can’t help but feel as if I’m being swindled when I can find denim of comparable quality and similar fit for a third or half the price.
depending on what size waist you are, check out thrift stores. I found a pair of wild wild bell bottoms for like $5, but I'm also a size 26 waist so I can shop in the womens section which makes weirder cuts easier to find.

Reaction score
Have D02's like these ever been made with the distressed raw hems? As far as I know the pairs I've seen all have normal hems. They should be from 2015.

These boys definitely look a bit wonky.

Attachments

Last edited:

Wally_SF

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with these? Shape looks great and I feel like the buckle would be a perfect denim stop for skinnier jeans

saint-laurent-black-army-laced-boots.jpg

JBad28

Reaction score
@Wally_SF those are the ones on sale right? I saw them but couldn't mess with the studding in the back, they look nice though and as you said, I think the buckle would be the perfect stop as well. Cop and let us know :D

Bill H

Reaction score
Have D02's like these ever been made with the distressed raw hems? As far as I know the pairs I've seen all have normal hems. They should be from 2015.

I can't see these being anything but SS16 knee repairs that someone has cut... and be careful with the fit on these, The ass and crotch fit different then previous seasons and not in a good way in my opinion... quality and wash are good though.

Adamdraps

Reaction score

No, they never made that wash with raw hems. They did it themselves and they look horrible.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Shirt looks two sizes too large. Even if you had it shortened at the boutique it still would be slightly off and sometimes they're a bit lazy about taking the arms up from the shoulders.

nekromantik

Reaction score
haha
its a size small and SLP only do size xs smaller which according to SA is only 1cm shorter and narrower.
im 5 ft 6 and very skinny lol

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%