• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

dacarden

Reaction score
2015 Nut Santiag
2015 Black Leather Harness Santiag
2013 Ochre Suede Cowboy Wyatt
2015 Black Leather Harness Wyatt
2016 Black Python Devon
2015 Fox Suede Harness Wyatt

I was using shoe trees on my shoes until my 2013 grail cowboy wyatts and the upper started to separate from the sole! I was using spring loaded shoe trees and it put too much tension on those boots and they started to separate slightly from the sole. I ended up taking them to a cobbler and having them fix them like new, but it was an unsettling discovery. Now I just use the heads of the shoe tree and jam them into the toe box on all my boots.

JBad28

Reaction score
Hey I'm new here, especially with Saint Laurent. I was looking into getting a pair of Jodhpurs, what's the consensus on sizing, I've seen it all over the place from TTS, .5 Down, and Full Size down. Specifically looking at getting a suede pair.

Night4all

Reaction score
What do you guys do to treat/take care of your Wyatts? I picked up a pair of black suede harness today and I’m absolutely in love. Just want to make sure I can make them last as long as I can. I know shoe trees and keeping them in the dust bag is recommended. Do I need to waterproof them? And someone on reddit mentioned getting discreet rubber soles put on, is that a good or bad idea? Last thing, anyone have a cobbler in NYC they could recommend? Yelp reviews are only getting me so far.

(That is a bunch of questions all at once, sorry.)

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
As a quick aside, is anyone able to suggest any options for flared denim? I’m not completely against purchasing a pair from Celine or Saint Laurent when they release but I can’t help but feel as if I’m being swindled when I can find denim of comparable quality and similar fit for a third or half the price.

GG Allin

Reaction score
As a quick aside, is anyone able to suggest any options for flared denim? I’m not completely against purchasing a pair from Celine or Saint Laurent when they release but I can’t help but feel as if I’m being swindled when I can find denim of comparable quality and similar fit for a third or half the price.
I saw the reply in the other thread, but thought I'd throw Naked and famous groovy guy out there. Also Ironheart has bootcut cuts, and Nudie did a bootcut a few years ago as well. I've not tried any of these.

HommeBoy007

Reaction score
I saw the reply in the other thread, but thought I'd throw Naked and famous groovy guy out there. Also Ironheart has bootcut cuts, and Nudie did a bootcut a few years ago as well. I've not tried any of these.

Thanks for the direction, sir

BigRed

Reaction score
On a unrelated note have you seen the new Dylan Chelsea boots that YSL is coming out with? What are your thoughts on them?

GG Allin

Reaction score
On a unrelated note have you seen the new Dylan Chelsea boots that YSL is coming out with? What are your thoughts on them?
Yes I did see those, and think they look pretty cool. I seriously doubt I"ll buy a pair though, since I'm becoming infatuated with Celine's footwear.

rire

Reaction score
Yes I did see those, and think they look pretty cool. I seriously doubt I"ll buy a pair though, since I'm becoming infatuated with Celine's footwear.
They have a black velvet-ish version at the Rive Droite store in Paris that's pretty cool.
To me they are very similar to the Jacnos but with a 40mm heel.

BigRed

Reaction score
Do you have a Celine boot that you’re thinking about picking up next?

GG Allin

Reaction score
Do you have a Celine boot that you’re thinking about picking up next?
No, I'm more waiting to see what comes out. In fact, I'm checking their website daily for new boots (and flared pants)!. However, looking back at the Dylan's, I think I might like them more than I thought I did at first glance. The last looks really great. I think rire is correct to note the similarity to the Jacno.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey I'm new here, especially with Saint Laurent. I was looking into getting a pair of Jodhpurs, what's the consensus on sizing, I've seen it all over the place from TTS, .5 Down, and Full Size down. Specifically looking at getting a suede pair.
For most shoes, I am US10/UK9/Euro43.

For my ebony suede SLP jodhpur, I went with 9.5 expecting it to stretch a little and it did after a wear or two. For my black leather SLP jodhpur, I went with 10. Both fit well.

Hope this help.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you guys do to treat/take care of your Wyatts? I picked up a pair of black suede harness today and I’m absolutely in love. Just want to make sure I can make them last as long as I can. I know shoe trees and keeping them in the dust bag is recommended. Do I need to waterproof them? And someone on reddit mentioned getting discreet rubber soles put on, is that a good or bad idea? Last thing, anyone have a cobbler in NYC they could recommend? Yelp reviews are only getting me so far.

(That is a bunch of questions all at once, sorry.)
I think a regular suede brush to get dirt off after every wear or so would do the trick, just like you would with any other suede shoes.

As far as rubber soles, I think it is a matter of personal preference. If you plan on wearing them often in increment NYC Winter weather, you might want to put them on.

BigRed

Reaction score
No, I'm more waiting to see what comes out. In fact, I'm checking their website daily for new boots (and flared pants)!. However, looking back at the Dylan's, I think I might like them more than I thought I did at first glance. The last looks really great. I think rire is correct to note the similarity to the Jacno.
I would absolutely agree the last on the Dylan and the similarities to the Jacno. I’m excited to these in person.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 31 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 276 33.1%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.6%
  • 31 - 40