• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 3: Yeossal handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 2nd auction is for a pair of handwelted shoe with lasted shoe trees courtesy of Yeossal. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

GG Allin

Reaction score
I love that leopard print jacket. I'm in the same boat with regard to losing weight. In fact, this coming Monday is going to be my fifth week in consciously restricting my caloric intake. I'm already so much leaner, it's crazy.

Tamgee

Reaction score
That coat is amazing! What is the name of it?!
It's the same coat he replied to above. It's the Fall/Winter 2013 Allure Coat.

Might be hard to come across now, especially new. Fits extremely slim. I had to size up two sizes from what I typically wear for it to fit perfectly

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Do you guys rock your leather jackets in colder climates? Also how do you keep warm? The leather always gets sooo cold and it's not really warming imo.

dacarden

Reaction score
I wear a either a thin long sleeve or a sleeveless flannel under mine for layering.
You can also resort to jumping around a bit. That will warm you up!
I live in San Diego, so most of the time it is a t shirt underneath a leather jacket in the winter for me!

While on the leather jacket subject... Anyone interested in buying a near new 2018 black L01 in size 52?

KawaiiT

Reaction score
Jumping around :D
Yeah San Diego winter must be nice. In Germany its already below 0°C at 10 in the evening.

Adamdraps

Reaction score
Do you guys rock your leather jackets in colder climates? Also how do you keep warm? The leather always gets sooo cold and it's not really warming imo.

Just a SLP shirt or flannel. I don't stand outside. Just walking from my warm car to wherever I'm going to.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely. It's all about layering without looking too puffy, ha. I remember when I got my go-to moto leather jacket, I got in 44 and thought about 42 but the SA mentioned that it might be better not to go too tight on outerwear in Pennsylvania. I'm glad I listened. Usually, i do a light but surprisingly warm SLP flannel shirt, layer on a Dior cashmere hoodie (they have the best, sorry!), and then the leather jacket. If it's particularly cold I have these Tommy John form-fitting undershirts, which are a bit weird but keep me warmer. I do this down to 40 degrees fahrenheit. Lower than that I'm straight up Canada Goose. ;)

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The star shirt looks okay. Maybe a half inch too long in the sleeves and body length. I think that'd look great under a blazer, etc. I've never been able to conscience the short-sleeve dress shirts.

nekromantik

Reaction score
Looks like SLP UK is having private sale as my sales agent sent me message. Starts on 27th. Is it normally 10%?

iamkenji

Reaction score
You could likely size down one, but it looks fine
it's funny, other SLP long sleeve shirts, size IT 46, fits me well. I can't wear IT 44, because the collar is a bit too small, same thing with the star shirt, i have to go with IT46 but the sleeves and body length are a bit long, It's a bit late to exchange, i guess i will have it altered or sell it and get a 44. what do you guys think?
tks

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 25 3.4%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 129 17.4%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 236 31.8%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 117 15.8%