• We would like to welcome LuxGentleman as an official Affiliate Vendor. LuxGentleman offers Neapolitan sartorial brands such as Isaia, Kiton, Borrelli, Sartoria Partenopea, D'Avenza, and Attolini, and Italian luxury brands like Loro Piana, Zegna, Canali, Cucinelli and Brioni at great prices. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

youwhat

Reaction score
order both sizes then.

returns, you just ring the company and they come and collect.
not sure if it could be any easier / less hassle.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I I guess ill size down and get the 44? I could always exchange it too I guess
If you’re unsure on the Teddy, go with the smaller size. They’re cropped but boxy, so it’s highly unlikely it’ll be too snug for you. I wear a 48 in 2016 L17 and 46 in (I believe it’s a 2017) Teddy, personally.

Tamgee

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking to find this coat in 46-50 depending on the measurements for this coat.
Does anyone own this coat in one of the sizes that could provide a measurement?

I've found previous sold postings that said a size 52 had 44cm shoulders and 54cm chest, then found a size 50 posting with 45.5 cm shoulder and 56cm chest...

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

rire

Reaction score
All I know is... no way size 52 = 44cm shoulders. That would be a 46 if anything. The size 50 measurements seem accurate.

Reaction score
Hi! Just bought some D17s as I’m looking for flared jeans and got a great price. Unfortunately they’re just a little too wide for me in the thigh along with being slightly to long to wear with boots in a way that I want (that shows off the boot).

Im 182cm (I think 6ft?) but need the legs shortened slightly without compromising the flare, and the thighs and upper calves made skinnier.

Has anyone had experience having this kind of vaguely extensive (in the sense that it’s more than just slight shortening or whatever) tailoring done to SLP denim?

I assume it’s possible but other than quick high street store ‘alterations’ have never had work done to jeans, so could well be (very) wrong.

rire

Reaction score
I bought the exact same pair from SLP in Paris and had them tailored the way you want them ie thighs made skinnier (I wouldn't touch anything below the knee if I were you – based on those pics). This was done in-house obviously but it's an easy enough job any tailor can and will do. I didn't get mine shortened but if you're willing to go there, that won't be any problem either, as you know.

Where did you find that deal, may I ask? I'm considering getting another pair, they're the best.

Last edited:

Gooly001

Reaction score
I have the velour version but my quads are a bit thick so no issues in the thigh area for me, however I did get them shortened about 3”. I took the height of the hem line before it tapered in and shortened them to that length
I believe it’s 3” before it tapers inwards
It’s still a bit long as I have shorter legs (29” inseam) but it has a much nicer stack then before when it was way too long

Reaction score
Where did you find that deal, may I ask? I'm considering getting another pair, they're the best.
I got very lucky and found them new in my local designer discount store (TK Maxx here in the UK) for £100. Only defect was that the chain had come off (it’s still attached, just fell off one side), so it was a pretty insane deal.

If anyone’s in London, the TK Maxx by Oxford St is a gold mine - So much SLP denim, Margiela, Rick, sometimes Dior etc as well. You do have to hunt though, often the sales assistants don’t put stuff in the right place, and the store is a zoo at any busy period of the week. I once found a logo Dior atelier denim jacket for like £330. Last week I saw a Rick bomber for £340. Worth a visit for sure.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

WHAT'S THE MAX NUMBER OF SHIRT BUTTONS YOU'LL UNDO BEFORE FEELING OUT OF PLACE?

• Just the collar button is enough for me.

• Two, including the collar button.

• Three, including the collar button.

• None.

Results are only viewable after voting.