• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

youwhat

Reaction score
order both sizes then.

returns, you just ring the company and they come and collect.
not sure if it could be any easier / less hassle.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so I I guess ill size down and get the 44? I could always exchange it too I guess
If you’re unsure on the Teddy, go with the smaller size. They’re cropped but boxy, so it’s highly unlikely it’ll be too snug for you. I wear a 48 in 2016 L17 and 46 in (I believe it’s a 2017) Teddy, personally.

steveoffice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wearing aw13 oiled calf today

7213A585-3DBB-4968-9CAA-D6AD51E9DF13.jpeg

Tamgee

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I'm currently looking to find this coat in 46-50 depending on the measurements for this coat.
Does anyone own this coat in one of the sizes that could provide a measurement?

I've found previous sold postings that said a size 52 had 44cm shoulders and 54cm chest, then found a size 50 posting with 45.5 cm shoulder and 56cm chest...

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

rire

Reaction score
All I know is... no way size 52 = 44cm shoulders. That would be a 46 if anything. The size 50 measurements seem accurate.

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
Hi! Just bought some D17s as I’m looking for flared jeans and got a great price. Unfortunately they’re just a little too wide for me in the thigh along with being slightly to long to wear with boots in a way that I want (that shows off the boot).

Im 182cm (I think 6ft?) but need the legs shortened slightly without compromising the flare, and the thighs and upper calves made skinnier.

Has anyone had experience having this kind of vaguely extensive (in the sense that it’s more than just slight shortening or whatever) tailoring done to SLP denim?

I assume it’s possible but other than quick high street store ‘alterations’ have never had work done to jeans, so could well be (very) wrong.

rire

Reaction score
I bought the exact same pair from SLP in Paris and had them tailored the way you want them ie thighs made skinnier (I wouldn't touch anything below the knee if I were you – based on those pics). This was done in-house obviously but it's an easy enough job any tailor can and will do. I didn't get mine shortened but if you're willing to go there, that won't be any problem either, as you know.

Where did you find that deal, may I ask? I'm considering getting another pair, they're the best.

Last edited:

Gooly001

Reaction score
I have the velour version but my quads are a bit thick so no issues in the thigh area for me, however I did get them shortened about 3”. I took the height of the hem line before it tapered in and shortened them to that length
I believe it’s 3” before it tapers inwards
It’s still a bit long as I have shorter legs (29” inseam) but it has a much nicer stack then before when it was way too long

CentrallyLocate

Reaction score
Where did you find that deal, may I ask? I'm considering getting another pair, they're the best.

I got very lucky and found them new in my local designer discount store (TK Maxx here in the UK) for £100. Only defect was that the chain had come off (it’s still attached, just fell off one side), so it was a pretty insane deal.

If anyone’s in London, the TK Maxx by Oxford St is a gold mine - So much SLP denim, Margiela, Rick, sometimes Dior etc as well. You do have to hunt though, often the sales assistants don’t put stuff in the right place, and the store is a zoo at any busy period of the week. I once found a logo Dior atelier denim jacket for like £330. Last week I saw a Rick bomber for £340. Worth a visit for sure.

Last edited:

ari1221

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether this is a legit piece, or even a real one? The numbers from tag don't seem to lead me to anything

3.jpg

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 98
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 207
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 232

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads