• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen it, I think in black though< IIRC,. It is a great cut, and based off a model Hedi Slimane tends to use often. If you were 52 in other fashion brands, I'd do the same here. It is intended to be somewhat fitted. You might be able to size up one, but be careful that you don't lose the skinny look.

BigRed

Reaction score
Ok, that is good to know. Thanks. I'm definitely considering ordering another pair when my refund goes through.
Did you get the larger size of Dakota’s? I saw the fringe Lukas today at my local boutique and I like them a lot just don’t know if I can pull them off.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you get the larger size of Dakota’s? I saw the fringe Lukas today at my local boutique and I like them a lot just don’t know if I can pull them off.
Yeah, I got a pair of black suede ones in 46, up from my usual size of 44. Fit is good, I’ve got them at the cobbler right now

kwonster

Reaction score
I tried on that jacket but I am definitely not the ideal audience. My size (48) was way too slim, and when I sized up the arms were way too long. Great looking jacket though!

Speaking of the fringe Lukas, it's probably my favorite boot this season. Both black and tan look great, but leaning towards getting the tan. Note the fringe is pretty long and seems to drag along the ground a bit.

BigRed

Reaction score
Yeah, I got a pair of black suede ones in 46, up from my usual size of 44. Fit is good, I’ve got them at the cobbler right now
What do you have the cobbler doing to them? They already have a different sole than the Wyatt’s. How do you like them compared to the Wyatt’s?

Trixz

Reaction score
Local department store having a sale. Does anyone own these espadrilles? How are they keeping? How’s the quality?

View attachment 1195984
View attachment 1195985
View attachment 1195986
I have these or an earlier iteration of them. I think they are bada$$ and I get many compliments for them. As for quality they are pretty good. I've had mine for about three years and they have some creases on the top of the toe area and I really only use them on vacations. However, I'm not the best with shoe upkeep and maintenance nor the best knowledge on leather quality. Upkeep for me means putting shoe horns in them. I can tell you they feel like butter on your feet. Any questions just ask and I'll do my best!

IMG_1323.jpg

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you have the cobbler doing to them? They already have a different sole than the Wyatt’s. How do you like them compared to the Wyatt’s?
I always get vibram soles on my boots

_inwonderland

Reaction score
I have these or an earlier iteration of them. I think they are bada$$ and I get many compliments for them. As for quality they are pretty good. I've had mine for about three years and they have some creases on the top of the toe area and I really only use them on vacations. However, I'm not the best with shoe upkeep and maintenance nor the best knowledge on leather quality. Upkeep for me means putting shoe horns in them. I can tell you they feel like butter on your feet. Any questions just ask and I'll do my best!

How to size them?

walds11

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with SL eyewear? Are they “overpriced” like other designer sunglasses? I’m really digging these SL 309 Aviators:

I’m not sure what the exact price is in USD, but they are 275 Euro, which is about $309 USD.

walds11

Reaction score
Are these the ones Keanu is wearing?

Yes. The ones in your avatar :cool: I’m surprised there is no SL branding on these, at least something subtle. They are cool though.

I also received an email from SL yesterday: Aviator Sunglasses - SL309 In Store and on YSL.com. They are not available via https://www.ysl.com/us/ and find in store = sold out.

Gooly001

Reaction score
Hi just waiting on my pair of Lukas in eel to arrive and so with much anticipation, I was wondering what people’s thoughts are on them. Is the leather really as polished as it looks online? Will this boot age better with wear or do I have to be very careful with it? Any insight would be appreciated
Tks

rire

Reaction score
Yes. The ones in your avatar :cool: I’m surprised there is no SL branding on these, at least something subtle. They are cool though.

I also received an email from SL yesterday: Aviator Sunglasses - SL309 In Store and on YSL.com. They are not available via https://www.ysl.com/us/ and find in store = sold out.
Or maybe they're not available because they haven't released yet?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics