Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I liked a lot of pieces, and I'm sure the collection will be destroyed to no end on this forum. Some of the blazers were really cool, and I loved some of the causal jackets. Not sure about the high-waisted pants or super pointy shoes.

2. eddievddr10

eddievddr10 Senior member

just love that hes back gives me that mid 2000s feeling

3. John Appleseed

John Appleseed Well-Known Member

I just got the metal studded deck shoes from the SS13 collection. They fit really small.

Anyone had experience with the boots? I have one on order, but I am thinking if the deck shoes fit this small perhaps it runs through the whole line.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013

4. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

I have the suede jodhpur boots, fits true to size for me

5. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

There were some good pieces in there but the overt glam-rock vibe was too much for me. I was kinda onboard with the last collection, not feeling this one.

6. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

+1, I can go either way with the vibe, it all depends on the details. Little ornamentations like chains and zips helped to make pieces in the last collection stand out for me (and to justify their prices), but this time around everything was plain plain plain unless it was gold lamé or leopard print, and the total effect for me was sale section at American Apparel. Anything that stood out just seemed unwearable/undesirable -- e.g. multi-colour paint-brush effect smoking jacket / B&W checkerboard leather jacket.

The pants were horrid IMO and I wish Hedi would move past the pointy leather shoes, but there are definitely lots of decent tops and things there for people who can afford them (just nothing to get specifically excited about for the aspirational buyers that I can see). I guess Hedi for SLP has not been the aesthetic train wreck that so many expected, but it hasn't exactly been an aesthetic triumph, either. Does anybody know how it's doing financially so far?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013

7. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

Rockabilly just isn't my thing; I thought fall had far more desirable individual pieces (mohair sweaters, flannels, ripped jeans, etc.) I'm sure Hedi whores will be lining up to get the DH-copy baseball jackets, though.

Seriously drooling over the fall selections at LVR; looks like they bought pretty much the entire collection.

8. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

I took my regular size in the johdpurs; Bergdorfs sent me a half size up by mistake and they were too big.

There was a NYT article a couple weeks ago that said retailers were thrilled with the sell-through rates of the new SLP at retail; so much so, in fact, that the prices on some classics like the leathers are going up for the next season. Anecdotally, I've noticed SSENSE sold a lot of their stock at retail or first cut; most of the Pilati-era YSL merch hung around through clearance.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013

9. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

I have yet to see a single menswear item in the wild.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Hip-Hop artists are going crazy for SLP right now, which only helps in popularity. I've seen Miguel, Kendrick, Ne-Yo, etc... wear plenty of pieces.

The leather biker jacket is very popular with celebs too.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2013

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

13. toothsomesound

toothsomesound Senior member

Who's gettin the roller skates?! RFX I'm lookin at you....lol

re cyc - i see saint laurent in the wild in nyc almost as frequently as any of the other big luxe brands, id say almost once a day sometimes more. for comparision i'd say i see rick or other goth ninja stuff multiple times every day, margiela close to every day.

14. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

That LVR selection looks insane! So much want.

15. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The only time I see any of that stuff in person is on other forum people or in Barney's. :foo: