1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

lol! I actually like the grey ones (but I think the green ones are pretty cool too).

2. chaerimk

chaerimk Senior Member

Ooh, very nice. If i dont already own a graphite harness, i would cop this. You should do an outfit post with them.

3. Crossbones

Crossbones Senior Member

Just go in my first pair of SL/10H's. Anyone able to speak on the break in period of them? Leather seems kinda stiff and potentially uncomfortable down the road. Contemplating keeping them or sending them back.

4. piblondin

piblondin Senior Member

Newer ones take a while to break in. Older ones were comfortable out of the box for me.

5. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Hi All. Is there a buy/sell thread for saint laurent aswell?

6. Supergenius

Supergenius Senior Member

There is a general buy/sell thread,but I don’t think there are brand specific ones. It’s not a bad idea though.

7. Rnt

Rnt Senior Member

Ah okay thanks! Yeah i meant a saint laurent paris one, so no yves aswell ghegh. Would be nice to just browse the thread if you're looking for something.

8. Supernova9

Supernova9 Member

Here is fit with my friend’s 44 Teddy. I definitely prefer the shoulder, waist and back of the 44 as it’s more fitted, the 46 had too much extra fabric and ripples on the back.

However I did prefer the length of the 46 as I’m not so used to mega cropped jackets. What you think?

F47A4C61-1CC4-4626-AA4E-6F9BED143C92.jpeg
    AC5B037D-00EE-4230-875C-2B64FEAB6B80.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019

9. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

44 looks good on you. The shoulders are spot on and the cropped look will be less extreme sans a long red hoodie. Try a simple white t etc if you want the contrast.

10. Supernova9

Supernova9 Member

Thanks Sir, I've already returned my 46 for a 44 as the extra fabric at the chest and back was really annoying, even with hoodie underneath.

However, I've noticed my friend's Teddy has 2% elastane (88% wool) in the composition whereas my SS19 has no elastane (90% wool), does it fit different in that there is less "stretching" in SS19 teddy?

11. Bill H

Bill H Senior Member

Yo I have really been feeling SS16 lately... is anyone with me? It is a slow burn... that Mexican teddy is fire.

12. SaintLaurent

SaintLaurent Senior Member

There is a facebook buy/sell page for SLP it's pretty active as well.

13. chaerimk

chaerimk Senior Member

Got pm about the differences of Mist vs Light Cigaro vs Cigaro. I would say Light Cigaro is warmer under tone vs Mist which have greenish under tone. 20190108_173952.jpg

14. GG Allin

GG Allin Senior Member

^Nice collection. What kind of shoe trees do you use?

15. chaerimk

chaerimk Senior Member

Thanks! I used the cheap travel shoes tree from Ikea. I rotate my boots everyday so I don't see the necessary of buying the cedar shoes tree.

In the other hand, would love to see everyone collection. I only want 2 more pairs to complete my collection. ( chelsea and harness in smooth black leather)