• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never thought I'd be doing this, but I might join the Wyatt club before it's too late. I'm usually behind trends by at least 2-3 years anyway.

I'm looking at some Wyatt zip boots. I wear 41 in everything, for instance, am wearing the SL combat boots (zips) in 41, which took some time to break in but are comfortable now. 41 SL classic low tops, 41 dressier shoes (John Lobb), etc.

Thanks!
I went TTS with my side zip Wyatts's from a few years back. They are black leather. They are the same size I wear in Chuck Taylors, if that helps.

Bill H

Reaction score
Sir Grotius... def join the wyatt club... it is a great club. I recommend taking at least a half size, if not full size down from SLP sneakers. My sneakers e.g. SL01 are size 42, my wyatts are all 41 or 41.5... the 41 is a bit narrow on me, fit real well though after being broken in...

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
when you say 'wyatts' which do you mean?
Sounds like he wants the side zips. But good point, because I find the Harness's to fit tighter than both the Chelseas and Jodhpurs. The straps kind of keep your heel in place, whereas the Jodhpur has all kinds of extra room.

Trixz

Reaction score
Never thought I'd be doing this, but I might join the Wyatt club before it's too late. I'm usually behind trends by at least 2-3 years anyway.

I'm looking at some Wyatt zip boots. I wear 41 in everything, for instance, am wearing the SL combat boots (zips) in 41, which took some time to break in but are comfortable now. 41 SL classic low tops, 41 dressier shoes (John Lobb), etc.

Thanks!

You are a 40+ or 40.5 in Wyatt.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol at the sizing advice being all over the place.

I think he meant the side zip 40 Wyatts, which I have a pair of, and wore today in fact. They are a size 44, which is what I have in 30 jodhpurs and 30 Chelseas.

Also, I'm sorry to hear that a member was disappointed with his order from ssense. I think it's an awesome store, and I love shopping from it...but they've always been terrible when it comes to packaging.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Boot collection as of now. Planning on adding tan suede Harness’s (I’ve never been a 40mm type of person, but I’d like to try) and black suede Jodh’s/Chelsea’s and hopefully that’s it.

D10B5D7E-3DEF-40EA-81E9-FCD298C221C2.jpeg

sean laurent

Reaction score
Never dealing with ssense again...I got duped into thinking it was a good deal because of 60 off omg ssense sale

I’ll stick to what I know at Hermès lv Gucci

Where they handle your stuff with gloves and wrap it in a nice bow and box

Mikeisonfire

Reaction score
Never dealing with ssense again...I got duped into thinking it was a good deal because of 60 off omg ssense sale

I’ll stick to what I know at Hermès lv Gucci

Where they handle your stuff with gloves and wrap it in a nice bow and box
Jesus christ man. Do you keep all your boxes and bows too, or does it get tossed in the garbage?
So it's a little disappointing, but ultimately if you received the correct item in new condition then just move on.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jesus christ man. Do you keep all your boxes and bows too, or does it get tossed in the garbage?
So it's a little disappointing, but ultimately if you received the correct item in new condition then just move on.
I personally agree with you, but you'll see a lot of people on the forum care a lot about packaging, and ssense is one of the worst web stores in this regard.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RE: the Wyatts, I meant the black side zips with medium (not too high) heel. That said, all the sizing and boot options gave me decision fatigue and I gave up! haha

I'll get back on it, really, because the newer boots look a little too out there for me and for some reason the Celine boots that I've been seeing in the previews didn't strike my interest, either. I don't like when the back of the heel of the boot juts out.

sean laurent

Reaction score
I personally agree with you, but you'll see a lot of people on the forum care a lot about packaging, and ssense is one of the worst web stores in this regard.

The average person doesn’t spend 1000 dollars on a t shirt...they make that in a week...blue collar dudes

So when I go into lv Gucci Hermès and they greet me and give me a soda and ask me to sit down and bring things in my size and tailor ****

I like that

**** they open champagne from the japs and ******** why can’t they do the same for me...shiiit

Call me crazy

But do you like to spend money somewhere and get treated like ****?

Ssense packaging is a joke...I could have gotten the same from a teenager in high school slinging high end clothes on eBay from his mama basement

I like when they handle my stuff with gloves bring me soda on a tray and ask me how my day was going

Oh and I keep my receipts and packaging because all my stuff real..no fufu

I got stuff in garages and storage that I never wore so if I want to get rid of it

You know where I got it from, the nyc high end stores here the proof

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is thread is awesome.

sean laurent

Reaction score
B92A18C1-FDC5-4C1A-A804-AF2E15BD84BE.jpeg

I don’t wear shoes unless they cost 3,000-4,000 dollars

They gotta bleed when I walk

Don’t talk to me about a slp boot on sale

I won’t stop until I have more pairs than Christian louboutin himself

And he gets them for free and I gotta drop bands for it

#neverhadanactualjob

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads