• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Randeep

Reaction score
I’d rather take my money to Christian louboutin and get better quality at the same price point

I’m just saying...I know this is an slp forum

But if you can get better quality...same look...seems like a better option

But it's not the same look, let alone the twatty red sole.

echau

Reaction score
I gotta agree with this.
IMO, both of those CL boots are terrible from just the side profile, and when you throw in the red sole, it only makes things worse.

sean laurent

Reaction score

I gotta agree with this.
IMO, both of those CL boots are terrible from just the side profile, and when you throw in the red sole, it only makes things worse.

So these shoes look nothing alike

30A31C48-6928-4C43-A6D2-61045951E033.jpeg
78A4F995-6B3C-4919-AD0A-5A9FC92E1D4D.jpeg
30A31C48-6928-4C43-A6D2-61045951E033.jpeg
78A4F995-6B3C-4919-AD0A-5A9FC92E1D4D.jpeg
6DB6581D-3766-4566-92D8-B301A4E4CA24.jpeg
873DEFA2-801B-42E7-812C-38491BD915F9.jpeg
0F9AF5B9-B8A5-4001-BB22-F41336720CBF.jpeg
14651BA9-055B-4570-8C2B-B5F21B07BB3E.jpeg
C485DDE7-DEDA-43A7-80CE-0797887CBC97.jpeg

They look the same too me

Last edited:

papillo

Reaction score
They look phenomenal, did you notice the color code?

Saw this on the ysl site, looks great here too. Seem to work with a slim pant as well.
View attachment 1009622

i didn't unfortunately. The SA who was assisting may have been pretty new as she didnt know the name of the colorway. One of the other SA's is the one who mentioned both the smooth and rough nape suede are the same shoe.

echau

Reaction score

They are both black suede boots, but they are completely different.

1. The stitching on the front panel of the CL boots looks out of place.
2. The placement of the entire front panel looks weird, going straight up from a point closer to the back of the shoe.
3. The strap is smooth leather instead of suede, wrapping around the shaft twice instead of once.
4. There is no holder for the strap on either front or heel panels.
5. There is a split seam at the top of the front panel, probably to save costs.
6. The back of the heel block has no taper, going straight down.
7. The red sole. Who actually thinks a red sole looks good on a men's boot?

In the end, if you like the CL boot, then that's all that matters. Style is subjective, right?

If you're asking for opinions, then my opinion is that they are worse than the Amiri boots, which I think are hideous as well.

Randeep

Reaction score
^ what @echau said

The difference in the SL jodhpur vs the CL jodhpur is echoed perfectly by the words of our Lord and King

It takes also forever to make the clothes look like they have always belonged, the credibility of it all. It is an expertise that you keep pushing. You try until it feels just right, and will age accordingly, looking better with time, and looking like you own the clothes you wear. This principle of authenticity applies to everything.

Any piece has to feel real, from an evening gown that needs a perfect luxury and couture execution, to a leather jacket or a pair of denim that can’t feel “designed.“

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great boot deconstructions above!

Onto more mundane matters. Any thoughts on this piece? Lambskin leather.

34858405MW_13_a_V4.jpg

34858405MW_13_b_V4.jpg

sean laurent

Reaction score
They are both black suede boots, but they are completely different.

1. The stitching on the front panel of the CL boots looks out of place.
2. The placement of the entire front panel looks weird, going straight up from a point closer to the back of the shoe.
3. The strap is smooth leather instead of suede, wrapping around the shaft twice instead of once.
4. There is no holder for the strap on either front or heel panels.
5. There is a split seam at the top of the front panel, probably to save costs.
6. The back of the heel block has no taper, going straight down.
7. The red sole. Who actually thinks a red sole looks good on a men's boot?

In the end, if you like the CL boot, then that's all that matters. Style is subjective, right?

If you're asking for opinions, then my opinion is that they are worse than the Amiri boots, which I think are hideous as well.

^ what @echau said

The difference in the SL jodhpur vs the CL jodhpur is echoed perfectly by the words of our Lord and King

I get it...this is an slp thread...I own SLP...but I'm just not much as an aficianado as some on here....I just wanted to show options...and what were the thoughts...I guess i got the answer to my question(s)...

Some of you guys are brainwashed with this "quality"....If you think SLP is quality...or its quality is better than Christian Louboutin...then I dont know what to tell you...

SLP has shoes rotting on the shelves in there outlets that no one wants. Shoes that look like they are plastic leather...selling for 200 dollars....

echau

Reaction score
Oh I wasn't making a comment on quality. I was commenting on the design of the CL boots.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I think people here are aware that the "quality" of SLP isn't that great; but I also haven't really heard great things about Louboutin. I think if you want really high quality boots, then check out Tom Ford or Berluti.

@SirGrotius: I think this one looks a lot cooler, but maybe I'm just eccentric?
41827057TP_14_a_V4.jpg

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely on the eccentric side, ha, but I can appreciate the cleanness to it. I'm only 5'6" so steer clear of longer jackets when I can.

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I get it...this is an slp thread...I own SLP...but I'm just not much as an aficianado as some on here....I just wanted to show options...and what were the thoughts...I guess i got the answer to my question(s)...

Some of you guys are brainwashed with this "quality"....If you think SLP is quality...or its quality is better than Christian Louboutin...then I dont know what to tell you...

SLP has shoes rotting on the shelves in there outlets that no one wants. Shoes that look like they are plastic leather...selling for 200 dollars....

I don’t think anyone mentioned quality. Also if you’re looking for quality then look at tradional mens shoemakers, C&J, Edward Green, Carmina, John Lobb... not Loboutin.

chaerimk

Reaction score
I can see some guys love that red sole thou. It is a very recognize color for people who want to bring attention to their shoes or to show off. I don't know much about other groups but I am asian and my asian friends go gaga for that red sole, eventhou their feets get blisters after a day wear. This goes for both guys and gals.

In the other hand, I am more sublte so I prefer SLP and their style. I recently scored this Jodhpur and I love it.The color is burgundy but depend on the light, it looks purple-ish. I have not seen anyone done this style in this color before. 20180801_175153.jpg

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@SirGrotius I would go with Valstar or elsewhere for that type of design (unless it fits you perfectly and you love it etc).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads