1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Distinguished Member

Another vote for no need. They look great

2. Jeffrey Hou

Jeffrey Hou Well-Known Member

3. youwhat

youwhat Senior Member

those jeans look a size too big (to me).

also too long.

4. SirGrotius

This may be a bit obtuse, but I'm the one person who bought those distressed denim shorts (MIJ!). They're surprisingly cool, however, since I'm only 5'6" they are too long on me, essentially covering my knee. If I want to maintain that distressed look, any recommendations before putting the scissor to them to take off a few inches?

5. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Senior Member

cut em off and sandpaper/ cheese grater the hem, soak the hem (or the entirety) in water and dry on low-med heat. Made jorts a few years back and thats what I did to make em raw hemmed.

6. capsulecollectnyc

capsulecollectnyc New Member

All the older season suits and blazers I own and have handled were fully canvased, save for a few that were half canvased. In AW16 I started noticing more half canvased or possibly fused blazers.

7. brokeassp

brokeassp Distinguished Member

So does anyone have a contact directly to SLP`s customer service? Local boutique is useless. I need a replacement stud for my Wyatts` harness. SLP has been historically slow to respond.

8. sean laurent

sean laurent Active Member

maga alt right wear
    6395CD09-EE68-4943-A065-BCA35FAFF1E6.jpeg Jorts are absolutely hideous and atrocious

There is no way to pull them off

Add to the fact that you are

Basically paying 600-700 for cut up/chopped up and ripped jeans that look horrible

Can’t you just go get them at American eagle for 20 bucks

9. ASAPRice

ASAPRice Senior Member

1) what if he is alt right

2) jorts look fine with chucks/vans and a band tee + jewelry. leg tats help too.

10. SirGrotius

Haha, yes, I wouldn't consider "jorts" a staple but a fun summer thing. Probably never the best idea, but they're surprisingly fun to wear with all the finishing touches. It might be my imagination, but I get the impression that any of my jeans that are made in Japan have a much greater attention to detail.

11. volchok

volchok Senior Member

Selling brand new, never worn, still with tags, denim shirt from the Hedi Era on Grailed, size S.
    Dm for link.

12. thomasec

thomasec Senior Member

Hate to ask since it's been brought up a ton, but is the consensus to pretty much always size down when you're between sizes with the Teddy jackets? I'm 5"10 and about 170 pounds, and I've tried on the 50 and 48 - the length of the 50 works better for me, but I think the shoulders and width of the 48 are spot on.

13. Jeffrey Hou

In my opinion, if you aren't super skinny, cropped jackets don't look too good. Posting pics might be easier to judge though

14. Jeffrey Hou

call the slp customer service hotline 1 (866) 725-6791. and keep pressing 1 till you speak with a real person.

15. thomasec

thomasec Senior Member

Yeah, that's ultimately what I'm thinking. I'll try to post photos later.