1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Talking of the biker jeans... I can't believe they've shot up I. Price yet again. If memory serves in 2013 they were £670ish, in 2014 £790-£810 and now they are north of £880 for SS15?!!!

With that in mind I popped into Joseph men's store in london today and they had 40% off, they had size 30 and 32.. So £790 down to £475 for brand new in case anyone fancies a bargain :satisfied:

2. jdrizzy

jdrizzy Senior member

Quick question. How do you guys clean your suede boots? Specifically a grease stain

3. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Lincoln E-Z suede cleaner is the best! My sister got dye from her denim stain her suede boots. Used Lincoln EZ cleaner and completely removed it.

4. d1234

d1234 Member

This new season isn't exactly to my taste either.

The price increases are also very unwelcome, and are all the more questionable considering how much stronger the dollar has gotten vs. the euro in the last 6-8 months.

Seems like the accountants and MBAs are now running the brand, not Hedi.

5. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

If you think Hedi was ever coming up with pricing for the brand, I think you'd be mistaken. He has a lot more to worry about, so to think he is sitting there trying to make sure leather pants with zippers on them hit a certain price point is a bit much.
    The prices are going up because of a multitude of things; cost of materials, manufacturing, runway shows, new store constructions/renovations, other marketing initiatives, as well as demand.

6. TRICK20

TRICK20 Member

Of course Hedi isn't responsible for the pricing of the products and rising demand can explain why the prices have gone up. But I don't believe that quality issues like the smaller pieces of leather they use for the shoes and the added seams are part of his original design. If the quality of the products remain the same I'll appreciate.

Does anybody know if they changed the zipper of the white 15.5 MII or why is it different from the black raw MIJ?

http://www.mrporter.com/en-us/mens/saint_laurent/slim-fit-17-5-hem-dry-denim-jeans/516561

[​IMG]

Sorry for my English, I'm German [​IMG]

7. kindalonely

kindalonely Member

This bomber always looks better on a hanger than on me, and Barbara Martelo makes me want to just give up trying. Any tips on how to make the bomber jacket work?

[​IMG]

8. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

^ Which season is your one from? I tried the one from AW13 and it looked great, whereas the one from AW14 looked awful. It could just be my memory, but I think they changed them a bit.

9. kindalonely

kindalonely Member

I got it in '13. I didn't try on the one from FW14, but at least for coats the sizing was wildly different, so it could be that. I had a hard time sizing my clothes this season. My SA said the boxier fit was intentional, which I could tell from the show, but I thought it was more than that.

[​IMG]
    I got ^ from FW13 in size 46 and and the same coat (they did switch to a wool blend, and not that many places stocked them) in black from FW14 in size 44. I compared them side by side and the cut and style seemed to be exactly the same, but the 46 was more fitted.

10. roughoutlove

roughoutlove Member

Happy New Year all!

Anyone want to sell the Saint Laurent Classic Wyatt 40 Boot in Ocher Suede (also listed as Suede Wyatt Cowboy Boots) in sz 42?

11. Dynamics

Dynamics Senior member

I'm guessing ssense has a further reduction the past few days? the light wash SLP jeans I wanted are now sold-out. Last I checked last week, there was pretty much a FSR.

12. Takai

Takai Senior member

I recently picked up this jacket from a local deadstock shop, and really not finding much info about it online, can any of you perhaps enlighten me? Size XL, but fits like a S/M

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

want that coat with the gold buttons

14. qk37

qk37 Member

15. mflowz

mflowz New Member

Legit check on a ysl jacket
    http://imgur.com/a/LjYrb

seen this jacket on ebay and want to make sure its legit before i try to purchase it.
    any help is appreciated!

16. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

i've seen that SLP backpack irl looks pretty cool not as big as i thought through the pics

17. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

It's from AW13, but the actual jacket (minus the chain design) is the same as the one from SS13 which was featured in the "Skinny" look book. There was also a silk shirt with the "dead rat" motif on it from AW13.

18. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Hi guys,

Slightly off-topic but I feel familiar with this thread (I signed up to and have only posted in here)... I returned a Balmain bacpack from the sale back to ssense (from UK) and I can see from the tracking they took delivery of it on Tuesday 23rd December but have had absolutely no response as to a refund back onto my card - I have followed up the original ticket as well as creating a new one (may be shouldn't have done this) but still nothing - is this attributable to the time of year? I want my $980 back :(.

I want to try avoid ringing a canadian telephone number at ~$1.50 a minute from the UK if possible.

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
  19. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

20. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

Ohyehhh- Wrong place to post that man.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015