• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

echau

Reaction score
IMG_20180114_090339.jpg

Reaction score
FINALLY managed to grab a pair of babycat/leopard printed santiags few days ago, I’ve literally been hunting this particular pair since they first were released. Only came across 1 pair from MR. Porter in my size (46EU) and they were litterally bought as I were adding them to my cart...
LUCKILY, I found them on eBay with help from the Facebook buy/sell/trade group and I had to own them ASAP. Managed to get them for a steal considering they’ve never been worn lol.
Looking forward to give them a good beat when they arrive in a few days! My goal is to obtain the “rough” look the as seen on the runway.

- Anybode here who has them, and wants to share some fit pics? Never really came across any...

73A3DC15-3303-4E01-810E-FB6759521493.jpeg

E9A6EEFD-7C18-4486-88A9-3E183C88EB01.jpeg

silvrbullett

Reaction score
I own them. Super comfortable due to the soft suede. They stretch and break in nicely. This is the only fit pic I have of them - not the best shot but better than nothing.

C8A9CD70-D615-4B1C-ACA2-40C509BA099F.png

BigRed

Reaction score
What is your normal shoe size. I feel like BV chelseas are such a difficult boot to go off just that size alone because everyone seems to size down different. If I'm going off your post i would imagine you only sized down a half size for your BVs. My sizes are 9.5 Nike, 42 in Common Project boots (boots only I'm a 41 in low tops) 42-41.5 in my SLP boots. Bottega I could size down to a 40.5 if i wanted to as they run rather big. SLP boots do stretch out a bit. i have a pair of Chelseas in 42 and they have a decent amount of room which doesn't bother me because i could wear thicker socks if need be. I have a pair of wyatt harness that are 41.5 and also fit just fine but just a little more snug than the chelseas.
I wear a size 12 in Nike and Adidas Ultra Boost. I wear a 44 in Common Projects Chelsea boots and 43 in BV. I have a narrow foot. Like I said before I bought a 43.5 in the SLP Wyatt 30 Chelsea boot. It just feels a little snug but it sounds like it will stretch. I just don’t want to spend $1000 on a boot and end up not being to wear it because it hurts my foot after wearing it for several hours.

xslpr

Reaction score
I wear a size 12 in Nike and Adidas Ultra Boost. I wear a 44 in Common Projects Chelsea boots and 43 in BV. I have a narrow foot. Like I said before I bought a 43.5 in the SLP Wyatt 30 Chelsea boot. It just feels a little snug but it sounds like it will stretch. I just don’t want to spend $1000 on a boot and end up not being to wear it because it hurts my foot after wearing it for several hours.

I understand completely. I go by this: You can't change the length, so if my toes are cramped and feels like my toes will pock thru the front of the shoe i will pass. Tight shoes usually loosen up over time, but too tight and i will not wear them enough for them to ever loosen. Try thinner socks until you can stretch them and then resume wearing your normal variety of socks. I referenced my chelsea boots earlier that are 42 and now that i have worn them for 6 months i feel like i def could've got the 41.5.

xslpr

Reaction score
Thanks! I am just so happy that beside the 2 zip Chelsea, my boots are all from Hedi era.

Which brings me to a question. Is there any way to tell what collection/year your shoes are from. I know the tag is an indicator on rtw but don't know how to decipher the shoe boxes.

Robin Michelangelo

Reaction score
Anyone recommend jeans that have the same skinny fit as saint Laurent? I've used Ksubi, Dsquared2 and diesel back then. I use ksubi right now. But they don't really have a range of colors. But I enjoy the skinny fit. Any suggestions?

Phatnev

Reaction score
I use Tarrago Hightech Nano Protector Spray for all my Wyatt and have no problem.

I personally don't use anything. Just a suede brush. Everything comes right off, dirt and rain drops. Suede is more durable than they make it out to be. I don't trust those chemicals inside in that suede protector.

Conflicting opinions. Interesting. Thanks guys.

Phatnev

Reaction score
Ac
Anyone recommend jeans that have the same skinny fit as saint Laurent? I've used Ksubi, Dsquared2 and diesel back then. I use ksubi right now. But they don't really have a range of colors. But I enjoy the skinny fit. Any suggestions?

Acne is selling off their now discontinued Ace line now. Probably the last pairs of them you'll be able to get. They fit pretty snug.

https://www.acnestudios.com/us/en/sale/man/jeans/

Rnt

Reaction score
JE
John Elliott has nearly the exact same fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics