• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, great post Thorns! I have to try Cologne Blanche. I like those little bottles of Dior Homme cologne, since they're very portable for travel. I wish, too, that he had done something for SLP. I'm tempted by the new Dior cologne Sauvage, because to me, it seems rather versatile and frankly the marketing is over the top weird.

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here prefer scents from women's or unisex?
Dior Homme is the furthest I’ve gone in that direction, which I consider to be a great unisex. I haven’t tried anything specifically labeled women’s. Some of my friends think it smells really feminine but females seem to like it on me so I think it’s a good middle ground. And that’s the so called “vintage” version that you can still find floating around, not the newer iteration.

xslpr

Reaction score
I know with the ready to wear items you can look at the tag and figure out they year your item is from. Is there a way to figure that out for the footwear as well?

scanner

Reaction score
Hell Yeah Dudes

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 5.12.55 PM.png

ruckzuck

Reaction score
I finally wanna pull the trigger on a L01. The new vintage leather looks better to me on the pics. Did anyone saw it in store and can tell me something i could miss from the pics?
Talking about sizing. I have a 41 in the classic shirts & xl in their denimshirts. (no idea how u can squeeze in those small sizes, since i'm really skinny myself...hehe)
Should i go with a 52 or size up to a 54 (advice from mrporter) at the L01's?
I heard so many difference opinions on this and i'm really confused. thx for any help!

https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...t-in-black-vintage-leather_cod34766869ie.html
https://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product...ather_cod40121342no.html#dept=men_rtw_leather

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Good call. I wear Voyage d'Hermes, also. i didn't even realize it was unisex. That said, it is a pretty significant step down from Terre d'Hermes which is so unique and classy.

Of the Hedi perfumes, I have to go with Dior Homme, very interesting and distinct.

ASAPRice

Reaction score
Not hedi related, but Tuscan Leather by Tom Ford has been my go-to winter scent since I first smelled it. Summer wise I usually wear L'Eau d'Issey by Issey Miyake and Channel Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme. Has anybody tried the edition blanche from channel? I've wanted to try it but I don't really like blind buying fragrances.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads