Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. lax16

lax16 Member

I'd be interested in good year welted shoes that have the same sleek aesthetic. Any pics or links?

2. edgar-pr

edgar-pr Active Member

This might come as a shock to you, but you come across as incredibly arrogant in many of your posts. This is a discussion forum, where people have different views and opinions. Believe it or not there are ways to share information and inform forum members without disregarding their opinions as stupid and yours as gospel.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017 at 8:09 AM

3. therattler

therattler Senior member

And in this thread the onus is on the guy suggesting that there are similar looking alternatives to substantiate the claim ...

4. lax16

lax16 Member

So after discovering SLP a while back and wanting boots but not being even close to being able to afford them, I've made my first SLP purchase.

not only did I make my first SLP purchase, I made my second as well.

I got the jodhpurs and Chelsea's in Sigaro.

They're really probably a bit out of my price range still but I think I got a really good deal on both pairs (been looking around for a few months and never see them this cheap) so I bit the bullet and bought them both.

Can't wait to get them in hand!

5. Varinder Singh

Varinder Singh Well-Known Member

https://www.accountkiller.com/removal-requested
    If quality really matters then it makes me wonder why someone would pay over 5k for a biker jacket when you could buy much better quality and iconic status with the Schott Perfecto.

6. therattler

therattler Senior member

"quality" only seems to matter to people on here who don't actually buy any of the stuff. teenagers who can't afford it and lowball or don't pay accepted offers on grailed. I've had a hell of a time with that lately.

7. ViceofGucci

ViceofGucci Senior member

SLP is all about fit not quality since there are other brands you go to when you want quality but certain standards should be held since it`s a luxury brand. I would say the new denim is not on par in comparison to fw13 or ss14 since the new denim feels so flimsy

8. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Most fashion is objectively bad by "quality" metrics (both material and construction). I would hope that nobody here is deluding themselves into thinking that they're getting top quality. Acceptable quality with interesting design/fit is the best you can hope for. Every once in a while there will be exceptions, but I haven't seen too many lately. Maybe the last big fashion house item I got that was "interesting" from a material standpoint was my Jil metallic cardigan. Paper GATs too I guess?

Source: I have 5 pairs of SLP boots, an L17, etc. etc. None have fallen apart, but I wouldn't brag about them from a "quality" standpoint.

9. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

Congrats! Post pics when you get them! I love the Jodhpurs. I bought my first pair back in February. A month later bought another pair then another pair.

10. NEONBLACK

NEONBLACK Member

Picked up a few cool things for my birthday for really good prices, excited to share with you guys as soon they all get in. Got a brand new pair of SS16 black raw hem D01s, a black bandana scarf, and my favorite boots the santiags. pics up soon.

11. Mcnairy boy

Mcnairy boy Member

Guys anyone selling black Teddy size 54?

40119137IV_13_f.jpg