Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. volchok

volchok Senior member

Complains about sl footwear, wears clown shows....;)

2. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

Yeah but SLP clown shoes! Super exclusive.....

3. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

If no one else will stick up for the elegant simplicity of the classic chelsea boot, I suppose I’ll have to. Not everything has to be designed to death. Black leather Wyatts are my go-to boot for a reason—they go with everything in my wardrobe, which is varied. well, as varied as the Hedi aesthetic will allow.

Furthermore, chelseas have been around forever, and will outlive most other styles. Whether one person feels they are worth retail should be totally irrelevant to the person buying them. I don’t see the logic in forcing someone to buy jodhpurs.

4. DJ Quaaludes

DJ Quaaludes Senior member

Oh no doubt, I wasn't trying to knock the SLP chelseas in general, they are timeless in a sense, and will age well. Of the SLP boots, they are the most versatile as you noted. I also understand that 'worth' is relative. By all means if one likes the design and has their heart set on them, then they will be worth it to them. I was more or less just commenting on my disappointment in the current iteration (on the new sigaro suede pair I had, the suede felt thin/cheap, construction was 'meh', silhouette changed for the worse IMO), as well as the ubiquity of the style in online forums.

5. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

Yeah, I agree, boots, like everything else, have been going downhill lately. I’d also be down for a different last, I just feel like every new last since Hedi left has been trash. I miss the old days, when you had at least a few great styles every season, in both shoes and boots. 2014/2015 was really the peak for that, though the Devons were nice as well, they just weren’t stocked very well.

6. NEONBLACK

NEONBLACK Member

Just in case any of you don't like wet suede like me I wanted to share something. I work/live in Seattle and as some of you know it rains here A LOT, one of my buddies that I work with wears suede boots all year around. He introduced me to this stuff called Tarrago Nano Protector, this stuff works really well he demonstrated how it works through video and then even poured his own coffee over his shoe and they were dry. I just ordered mine so I figured id share here.

7. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

I was just being sarcastic. It wasn't meant to be taking literally. I know that's hard to tell when it's just words on a forum.

8. NEONBLACK

NEONBLACK Member

9. ViceofGucci

ViceofGucci Senior member

I agree every season there would be new boots introduced from Santiags, duckies, devons, fringe and french boots that I would want. The only new boots that are decent now are just new colorways of old favorites like Jodphurs or wyatts

10. ViceofGucci

ViceofGucci Senior member

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017 at 2:01 PM

11. Isolar

Isolar Senior member

No problem, man. I wasn’t trying to call anyone out, that’s not really my style. I take this stuff pretty lightly. It’s ultimately just clothing, right?

12. Adamdraps

Adamdraps Senior member

haha yes! Btw, I didn't take any offense to it, I just wanted to clear things up a bit for the original poster. It's all good.