Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. thorns

thorns Senior member

In the perfect world, this is my ideal sneaker collection:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Ranger44

Ranger44 Senior member

Nice lineup.

3. ohyehhh

ohyehhh Senior member

Those black suede high tops look pretty nice - was always unsure about them cos I thought they'd look clunky but they look like they're pretty streamlined there (would wear with skinny jeans that sit/wrap just over the top ideally)

Has anyone got experiences (fit/cut/leather quality) with the calf L01 (I think its new for FW17?) here:

https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/saint...jacket-p000000000005644834?bcid=1464000799390

4. jamesleekeller

jamesleekeller Member

what color suede harness is that on the bottom right?

5. echau

echau Senior member

Nut

6. JustDoingMyThing

JustDoingMyThing Member

i'm certain that this has been answered before but what shoe trees do you use?
    aren't most shoe trees are too bulky to be used

7. echau

echau Senior member

8. GEJSkelly

GEJSkelly Active Member

Has anyone dabbled into the SLP eyewear stuff?

I'm not sure how much Hedi had to do with it but I got new frames the other day and I love them + loads of people have complemented on them and asked where they were from. (Apologies in advance for the horrendous selfie!)

I really fancy picking up the white SL 98s from the Surf Sound collection and also these Warhol-esque ones over the next couple of months.
    [​IMG]

Should have the Navy classic pea-coat/caban in my collection before Christmas and I grabbed the cropped jodhpurs in snakeskin yesterday so they'll arrive some point in the next few days.

At this point it seems like getting the last of the Hedi stuff before it's gone is the main aim, the 'permanent' collection seems less so when you look at what's been stripped over the last year. Once I've got an L01 and the aforementioned pieces I'll probably just scan Facebook pages, Grailed etc. for the odd opportunistic purchase.

Low expectations for the tonights show, most of my want-list seems to be made up of AMI, Gucci, and Paul Smith pieces, with the odd Burberry item here and there. I love a lot of what Haider Ackermann is doing with Berluti but it's far too pricey for my student budget.

IMG_7583.JPG

9. thorns

thorns Senior member

Those frames do look good on you. I mainly wear contacts, so I've only gotten sunglasses. I'd like to think Hedi was meticulous about everything, and was involved with almost everything pushed out. Especially the earlier years.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Those glasses look great on you. I have the SL 28 clear framed sunglasses, got my prescription lenses put in them since I'm an old man (but kept the mirroring effect). Tons of compliments, you're right. I look at them as a more modern riff on the wayfarer design. The clear frames fit very well with the design aesthetic behind the boutiques.

11. Varinder Singh

Varinder Singh Well-Known Member

Wondering if I should get these instead of SLP sneakers

IMG_9724.PNG

12. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

I find the SL lows slightly sleeker, and the CP gold numbering is a touch played out. That said, the CPs have the longer staying power...so far.

13. Varinder Singh

Varinder Singh Well-Known Member

14. NEONBLACK

NEONBLACK New Member

I think the CPs have a more classic look while the SL01 looks more like the Stan Smith although I know they're both inspired by the Stan's. I'd say go with what you like more.