• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jesuisme

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the sizing/cut for a Le Smoking jacket is the same as you'd buy for other Saint Laurent tailoring?
Essentially I have the garbadine suit in a ysl 48 would i want the same size in Le smoking?

Any help appreciated

Prudy

Reaction score
Permanent collection le smoking jackets should essentially fit the same (though more cropped and single button fit) assuming you are talking Hedi-era.

If you are looking at seasonal/runway versions, they might fit differently depending on materials and season (fw14/ss16, for example or tweed vs wool).

piblondin

Reaction score
What do you guys think ? Just got them in today !!!! SS17 Fox Suede Wyatts. I don't really need to say much else about these , just look at them View attachment 813047 View attachment 813048
I recently had to decide between fox and cigare for the cropped jodhpurs. I ended up choosing cigar because I found it to be a more classic color. They're both nice, though!

piblondin

Reaction score
If im a size EU42/US9 in CP achilles/Chelsea boots, size US10 in Nike Flyknit, Adidas Ultraboost, yeezy 350 v2, what size would I be in Saint Laurent Jodhpurs, both cropped and the high ones? Anyone with experience and knowledge and can share is appreciated!
I wear size 10 in Nike and Adidas and 42 in CP Achilles. I went with 43 in both CP Chelseas and my SLP boots, including the cropped jodhpurs. Some people say size down in suede because the fit is looser. It is, but I don't buy the size down argument because the length would be too short for me.

piblondin

Reaction score
I consider a pair of standard-heel black leather chelsea boots to be the cornerstone of any established wardrobe—certainly one in the vein of SLP—as well as the epitome of rock'n'roll cool.

In fact, if I could choose only one pair of boots—my desert island pick, if you will—that would be my choice. And an easy one at that!

I totally agree. The SLP Hedi 30 Chelsea boot is my favorite favorite. I have a backup pair stocked for the day my current one can no longer be repaired or resoled.

Mugiwara

Reaction score
I wear size 10 in Nike and Adidas and 42 in CP Achilles. I went with 43 in both CP Chelseas and my SLP boots, including the cropped jodhpurs. Some people say size down in suede because the fit is looser. It is, but I don't buy the size down argument because the length would be too short for me.

I see, I stuck with the same size for the CP chelseas, because the length is fine if not a little on the longer side by a bit. Width is my main concern i guess. Measuring barefoot with a tape as accurate as I can is between 26.5 cm-27cm. Since you're a 43 in cp chelseas and im a 42, you think its best to stay consistent with that comparison?

kwonster

Reaction score
My understanding is that its a new model they just got in stores. I haven't seen them in person, just got a text from my SA.

Also, the green suede chelseas are not very green at all, kind of disappointing because I liked the color on the website photos.

Just confirmed the grey wyatts are not the oiled from prior seasons. Similar coloring, but not oiled. Compared to the grey jodphurs from prior seasons, the color is darker and has blue undertones. Assuming the shaft fits well these will probably be my next pickup.

Ranger44

Reaction score
Just confirmed the grey wyatts are not the oiled from prior seasons. Similar coloring, but not oiled. Compared to the grey jodphurs from prior seasons, the color is darker and has blue undertones. Assuming the shaft fits well these will probably be my next pickup.

Nice. Would like to see pics of them. They look oiled.. but I do notice some difference.

Ranger44

Reaction score
Tried on the FW17 harness boot (leather version and the black suede) can confirm the harness is better placed. The shaft is much slimmer.. most slim I've tried since 13. And the box, dustbag say SAINT LAURENT (no PARIS).. But shoes and everything says Paris still (insole, sole)

Varinder Singh

Reaction score
Tried on the FW17 harness boot (leather version and the black suede) can confirm the harness is better placed. The shaft is much slimmer.. most slim I've tried since 13. And the box, dustbag say SAINT LAURENT (no PARIS).. But shoes and everything says Paris still (insole, sole)
That's the case with my order too. Box and bag says saint Laurent only. Shoes and insole say Saint Laurent Paris

IMG_8763.JPG

piblondin

Reaction score
I see, I stuck with the same size for the CP chelseas, because the length is fine if not a little on the longer side by a bit. Width is my main concern i guess. Measuring barefoot with a tape as accurate as I can is between 26.5 cm-27cm. Since you're a 43 in cp chelseas and im a 42, you think its best to stay consistent with that comparison?
I would get whatever your normal European size is. CPs are weird because they run long and so some people are able to size down in both the sneakers and the Chelseas. My Chelseas are definitely long for me, but I don't think I could wear a 42.

soloism

Reaction score
So I tried on both my cigar suede and black leather Wyatt Harnesses on each foot today and noticed that the shaft on my suede pair hug my ankle and leg much closer than the black leathers, which protrude out noticeably more. Both are 2016 I believe. Is this a result of stretching or simply a difference in model?

Ranger44

Reaction score
So I tried on both my cigar suede and black leather Wyatt Harnesses on each foot today and noticed that the shaft on my suede pair hug my ankle and leg much closer than the black leathers, which protrude out noticeably more. Both are 2016 I believe. Is this a result of stretching or simply a difference in model?

It was the same with the leather and suede on when I tired on fw17.
I guess the leather is just slightly less snug, but its very minimal

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads