• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Indeed they are a fashion brand, I guess it was wishful thinking that the materials would be high quality.

However I did pay for the silhouette/look they create and after all the oohs and ahh's, i'll admit I do get an almost guilty pleasure feeling when people ask where I got them. I'll have to look into a more durable low profile sole for the future.

Not Ready

Reaction score
You can check out some Laurence Dacade models (e.g. Marco). But they are even more expensive than SLP ...

Diet CCC

Reaction score
You can check out some Laurence Dacade models (e.g. Marco). But they are even more expensive than SLP ...
They are in the same price range, if you gonna spend 800USD then you most likely can afford another 100.
Better leather and finish, the construction is only a notch better. More importantly Laurence Dacade has a distinctive and personal way when comes to overall aesthetic, which is nothing like Hedi's, one who favors SLP would be hard pressed to find Laurence Dacade as alternative. Laurence Dacade is really Channel if I must put it, or Hermes back in the days, classic and elegant. SLP is edgy and cool.

Diet CCC

Reaction score
Indeed they are a fashion brand, I guess it was wishful thinking that the materials would be high quality.

However I did pay for the silhouette/look they create and after all the oohs and ahh's, i'll admit I do get an almost guilty pleasure feeling when people ask where I got them. I'll have to look into a more durable low profile sole for the future.
SLP tends to be a feel good brand, when you put it on it definitely sets you apart, and that is what you pay for, in that sense it is worth it.

NGOStudio

Reaction score
The problem with most high fashion or designer brands is inconsistency. I think they focus too much on design and marketing that once the hype/reputation settled in, all the business executives decide it's time to squeeze the bottom line. That's the problem with syndicate or luxury groups. They keep recycling and moving from one cashcow to another.

tecevo

Reaction score
Speaking of the quality of SLP shoes could I ask the knowledgeable among you to check out these chelseas:

6YW8cnh.jpg

0tX2db7.jpg

ToDAaUG.jpg

more pics here.

I've been looking for a good affordable alternative to the SLP chelseas and these are the closest ones I've found in terms of silhouette as the SEF and other highly recommended boots just don't look that close when you compare them side by side with a real shoe. What puts me off about the SLPs is a) they aren't durable b) that heel is a bit too flamboyant for me and c) the insane price you pay for what you get.

echau

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but the shape of those doesn't look as sleek as the SLP Chelsea. The toe isn't as chiselled, and the proportions of the elastic gore male it look weird.

Just get the SLPs, they're durable enough and the 30mm heel is barely anything.

IMG_20170602_070318.jpg

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Has anyone fooled around wi
Speaking of the quality of SLP shoes could I ask the knowledgeable among you to check out these chelseas:

6YW8cnh.jpg

0tX2db7.jpg

ToDAaUG.jpg

more pics here.

I've been looking for a good affordable alternative to the SLP chelseas and these are the closest ones I've found in terms of silhouette as the SEF and other highly recommended boots just don't look that close when you compare them side by side with a real shoe. What puts me off about the SLPs is a) they aren't durable b) that heel is a bit too flamboyant for me and c) the insane price you pay for what you get.

You should check out Carmina Shoemaker's offering. They are a mfg. out of Mallorca Spain. They have make to order options on their site but also have some chelsea's readily available (not sure on black). Wont be much cheaper in the end if you go custom but I imagine if you contact them they will help you build the boot you desire and they should be more durable....not to mention they will come with perfectly fitted shoe trees (Another thing that rubbed me the wrong way when I bought my SLP's. Their sales reps looked at me like i was high when I asked where the tree's were.)

Ranger44

Reaction score
I believe Story Et Fall also has great shoes. Few people I know own and they look well enough in my eyes.

TheSneakyTruth

Reaction score
You should check out Carmina Shoemaker's offering. They are a mfg. out of Mallorca Spain. They have make to order options on their site but also have some chelsea's readily available (not sure on black). Wont be much cheaper in the end if you go custom but I imagine if you contact them they will help you build the boot you desire and they should be more durable....not to mention they will come with perfectly fitted shoe trees (Another thing that rubbed me the wrong way when I bought my SLP's. Their sales reps looked at me like i was high when I asked where the tree's were.)

Carmina would be such a step up from SLP craftsmanship and quality, especially with their wholecut offerings, horween leather etc. If only they had a tasteful Cuban heel that's equivalent to the 30/40mm.

I've seen a new brand on Instagram that goes by the name FromTheFirst. Seem to be basing their entire business model around the Wyatt, just like SeF. I can't comment on the quality, but the overall styling is very similar to the Wyatt. Although it's just different enough to give the aesthetic edge to the original.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you're a baller, just get Massaro boots a la Fuuma. Full bespoke or copy these.

inspiration_18.jpg

Enzo Bonafe is probably something more affordable and a step up from Carmina, which is already much better than most fashion stuff. They did raise their prices a while back though (I own 3 pairs of their dress shoes).

StanleyWingtip

Reaction score
Carmina would be such a step up from SLP craftsmanship and quality, especially with their wholecut offerings, horween leather etc. If only they had a tasteful Cuban heel that's equivalent to the 30/40mm.

I've seen a new brand on Instagram that goes by the name FromTheFirst. Seem to be basing their entire business model around the Wyatt, just like SeF. I can't comment on the quality, but the overall styling is very similar to the Wyatt. Although it's just different enough to give the aesthetic edge to the original.

Being in the SLP thread I didn't want to offend anyone! I have a pair of Carmina Balmorals for dressier days that costed less than my A&Es and they are lightyears ahead in quality.... I suppose them sticking with what they're great at is the downfall of having a family tradition to abide by. Would be interesting to see them expand their horizons/styles a bit.

I'll have to check out From the First right after posting this.

Marlon

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Have you ever seen tag like these ? Thanks in advance

IMG_9284.JPG

IMG_9285.JPG

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads