1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. sepp

sepp Senior member

Thanks for the comments.

Will give a call to the boutique tomorrow to see if they have it in smaller sizes.

I did see a pair "faux leather" jeans in 32 there. Does it fit the same as raw denim? (Just in case I may swap this pair if they don't have it in one size smaller).

2. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

If you can't get the 32 on then how can you size down? Those look like they fit you fine, or at least as well as they're going to. Judging from the photos they just look very long on you and you have a more athletic build than what Hedi designs for.

FYI, the faux leather jeans fit very big. At least last season's did. I wear a 32 in SLP jeans and I could easily fit a 30.

3. sepp

sepp Senior member

Winston,

Thanks for your alternative assessment. Is there any pics of you wearing a 32 SLP where I can roughly gauge how it fits on (maybe) a different build but similar waist line?

Sincere thanks. :)

4. winston86dit

I don't have any photos of me wearing any, sorry. Honestly, I didn't like the 15cm fit to be honest. Was too slim and only worked with SLP boots (or something else with a slim shaft). I much prefer the 17-18cm fit for my build. Still slim but not insanely tight. Maybe give that fit a try and get them hemmed a little bit (they'll do it for free at any SLP store).

5. Zack G

Zack G Member

@Sepp

the jeans fit perfectly fine for your body type

anything skinnier will not work well

6. sepp

sepp Senior member

@Winston,

Thanks. Just called up the boutique and was told the next size down will be 30 waist. For cotton or raw, the leftover items are all in 15cm and I decided the faux leather that has my size at 32 with 17 cut is not too practical nor something I can carry off well.

Guess I have to make do with current jeans. Perhaps will go and have a try at the 17 or 19 cuts when the next sale comes. (Honestly, I am more thankful than anything they have a boutique here for me to try something hands on, good discount and without overseas delivery anxiety plus currency exchange loss).

@Zack,

Thanks for the comment. Will try to take more fit pictures once I start wearing them out. I guess it's is really tough to achieve the "Hedi model runway look" without sacrificing calf muscles. LOL!

I be more than happy to have slight resemblance to previous Dior 19/17 cut look. :)

7. Zipster1

Zipster1 Senior member

is it me, or does it feel that SLP clothes arent much on the quality side? Dior was ok - good, SLP is only average - sub par based on the price point. Especially the jeans I feel

8. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

SLP outlet stores? Uh oh.

9. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

We've had an outlet store here in the UK since long before Hedi took over. They actually get some decent stuff there; I've never been, but I've phoned the London stores about items from past seasons, and been told that they have my size at the outlet on several occasions. SS13 sold pretty poorly here excluding jeans and footwear, so it was probably really good after that season especially.

10. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

There are a few SLP Outlet stores here in Cali. It's the same YSL outlets, but with the newer items and I don't think the outlets are rebranded. It's mostly women's accessories and the odd item or two in weird sizes. I've heard they also send stuff to TJ Maxx, etc.

11. kevineg6

kevineg6 Member

a few SLP jackets for reference.

Varsity sz46
    [​IMG]
    Teddy sz50
    [​IMG]
    Animal Varsity sz46
    [​IMG]
    Classic biker sz50
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  12. Thatsteez

Thatsteez Well-Known Member

Ugh. Love that animal varsity.

13. infamousk

infamousk Senior member

Just bought the Black Suede London Boot from the 5th ave store and I had great service.
    If anyone is selling any other boots or shoes in sz 40-41 please let me know.

14. Gustave

Gustave Member

15. Jasonronn

Jasonronn Senior member

16. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

Everything on that page looks like what you'd find in a mail-order catalogue priced from $29.99-89.99.

Not even ugly, just unremarkable and shockingly cheap.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
    3 people like this.
  17. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

A little H&M x Visvim collab going on, Cheap flea market repro's before you hit up Coachella. They even look like they'd only last a weekend.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2014
  18. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Has anybody tried hand washing the silk t-shirts? I don't trust most dry-cleaners due to having had too many bad experiences in the past, and so would rather hand wash if possible. Labels say dry-clean only, but so do the labels in the cotton shirts and they've been fine.

19. winston86dit

I've hand washed plenty of silk t-shirts (from other brands) and it's been fine. Screw paying for dry cleaning on a damn t-shirt.

1 person likes this.
  20. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Just remember, when hand washing silk t shirts from saint laurent you should always wear lubricated latex gloves so that your fingerprints don't rub into the shirt and also you must get a safelight bulb so as not to damage the delicate silk with uv rays. Also, goodbye horses should be playing in the background so that the silk fibers are stimulated.

1 person likes this.