1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

don't wear suede in the rain.

also, i'm selling this coat:

http://www.ysl.com/us/shop-product/...ack-wool_cod40116851ht.html#dept=rtw_men_main

in size 46 for $1299. pm me or something.

2. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

I'd advise against it but if you do, have a cobbler put a rubber sole over the leather ones.

3. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Suede strikes me as more of a fall than winter thing. I wouldn't imagine wearing them in snowy conditions; inevitably you'd have some stains.

4. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

i think he knows all this...

he's not gonna look out the window, see it pissing it down and think *i'll put my suede boots on*

but weather changes...

5. DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral Senior member

$790.

1 person likes this.
  6. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

Somebody I know has the beige cropped jodhpurs from SS13 (slightly lighter than this seasons cigare coloured ones). He hasn't been careful with them at all with regards to weather and wearing them to clubs where they get trampled on, and they still look great (maybe even better than new). They look pretty worn and have ended up a much darker colour, but still look really cool so I wouldn't worry about being too careful with them.

About adding thin rubber soles to the bottom of shoes, is that what most people have been choosing to do? I have done it in the past, but find it a little less elegant / authentic than leaving the leather sole, so have been thinking about maybe just having metal toe taps that are flush with the sole added, as it tends to be the toe area that wears down quickly for me. Just interested to hear what others have been doing with their SLP shoes.

7. youwhat

youwhat Senior member

i agree.

seeing a fanny walking round in boots that look brand new is awful...they need to have marks on them.

also putting something on the bottom...the cobbler needs to rough / scratch up the sole anyway so may aswell wear them a while.
    i havent done anything to any of mine.

8. sepp

sepp Senior member

Dear all,

Need some help in ordering from YSL online. I am abit confused by the YSL/US sizing they put there.

If I am getting a perfect fit for A.P.C NS size 31, what should I be looking at from YSL online?

It seemed to me their smallest sizes starts at YSL 28/US 34.

Thanks a million and have a great day.

9. DarkSpiral

DarkSpiral Senior member

What cut are you looking at ordering mate? 15.5cm?

For me, I can size down one in the S/S and A/W 14 15.5s at least.

10. SirGrotius

SirGrotius Senior member

Not sure I've seen that before. Are you looking at an international version of the website?

They definitely have as low as size 27 if not 28 jeans. I would probably go with the same size as your New Standards.

11. sepp

sepp Senior member

Ready to try their skinny 15.5 actually. LOL! Though not too sure whether my 170 pounds 5'11' height can carry it well or not.

Anyway, just found out that YSL online doesn't ship to my country. Besides Mr. Porter and Luisviaroma, are there any sites out there where I can locate raw SLP jeans in blue?

12. sepp

sepp Senior member

Would like to add, has been a fan of Heidi since Dior days but was really overweight to wear any designer clothes then.

Managed to lose quite abit of flab now and hope it isn't too late to jump onto SLP bandwagon now. :)

13. sepp

sepp Senior member

Another quick question for those who own both the 15 and 17 raw jeans with stretch. Does the cut differ severely until there is a need to size up (15) or size down (17)? Raw jeans with elastic material will still expand like normal raws such as A.P.C?

Sincere thanks in advance and please pardon my inquiries as this will be my first foray into skinny cut jeans.

14. kieran84

kieran84 Senior member

I wouldn't worry too much about being a little heavier as I've seen lots of different shapes and sizes pull off the skinny jeans okay. They obviously won't look like how they look on the models, but should still look pretty cool. The only time I would advise against it, is if you have particularly thick thighs and calves, like people that lift weights, then they tend to look terrible.

For sizing, only go off the YSL size (ignore the other size given). I can't really help with regards to APC comparisons, but what I can do is give you my measurements and size, then you can add on a size for each inch you are bigger than me (probably best to go off hip size rather than waist size). So for reference I'm 6 foot 1 tall, around 147, with 29.5 inch waist and 91cm hips around the biggest part, and a YSL 29 fits me great in all seasons 15.5 / 16 cm jeans (could squeeze a 28, but the 29 looks better on me). Last two seasons are a little looser in the thighs, so you may be able to go down one if you think you might be between sizes (I didn't though, as I felt the 29 looked closer to how they looked on the runway).

15. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Is it no longer possible to get the torn blue washed jeans?

16. sepp

sepp Senior member

Thanks Kieran for the insight.

Anyway, I discovered SLP do have an outlet in my place and they are having sales as well. Thru the phone, I was told sizes were limited especially for the MIJ raws.

Went to try, and pulled the trigger on a pair of black MIJ 15cm as well as a studded belt.

Pics at the fitting room.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments on the fitting please, good and bad are most welcomed. :)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  17. sepp

sepp Senior member

Add:

Went for size 33 though my normal size is 32. Pretty snug fit.

As reported by others here, I believe this raw + elastic material will not stretch too much compared to standard 100 raw or cotton material.

So fingers crossed that this pair won't get too loose in the future.

18. needhelp123

needhelp123 Senior member

Do you have big thighs or is it just loose, get 32

19. sepp

sepp Senior member

Couldn't even pull the 32 over my legs. LOL!

Looked more slim than skinny?

20. rafcrymons

rafcrymons Member

@sepp They look slightly too wide, I like them to fit slim at the ankle. Maybe you should consider to size down?