Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by AriGold, Oct 4, 2012.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

I'm still considering the jodphurs, maybe if it hits low enough during sale time.

[​IMG]

2. PattyC

PattyC Senior member

Hm, I wonder if the online web shop will have a sale too

3. heartlessphil

heartlessphil Senior member

4. stevent

stevent Senior member

Some stuff was 50% off too

5. heartlessphil

Any one know where in the hell I could find the slp lows in black WITHOUT the studs? I'm in canada and I cannot order from the official website. I can't find :-(

6. Bussit

Bussit Senior member

7. heartlessphil

8. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

i know everyone is clowning on saint laurent, but I stopped by the rodeo boutique today (they moved down the street).. its.. different. it kind of feels like an upscale forever 21. all the boring stuck up sales associates from the ysl days now look cool and skip around throwing stuff around left and right but with a smile. I have to say, it's kind of refreshing. the quality of garments is still questionable, but I like the vibe. they've at least got an atmosphere and a direction they are going in and I hate to say it, I kind of want in.

edit- regarding my forever 21 comment - i just meant the store layout.. where before it was very much luxe / calm / elegant, its now very wild people running around everywhere.

the employees look fucking cool though. i spoke to a couple of guys that are in bands, hired as models to work there. its like a live action lookbook. the store has a simple, upscale rocker vibe that we expect from hedi but done the way it should be done. no one is doing that anymore and it sort of made me a little nostalgic.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013

9. Illithid Dude

Illithid Dude Senior member

Yeah, I love the new Rodeo store. I went in there to order the 15.5 cm jeans and try on the shoes, and the vibe was just so... unpretentious. Which was weird, since it's Saint Laurent, but while I normally feel very pressured in high-end botiques, I felt totally fine at Saint Laurent. And the outfits they were wearing were amazing.

10. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

been wearing the d03 19cm jeans for a few days, I may be the only one, but I really like them, more than Dior now. The cut's are very close, but really different IMO. for starters, they are way roomier. The rise is much bigger without making it top heavy. very fitted without the dart detail. I actually like the subtleties of the jeans. most of all the symmetry of everything is very elegant. the dior leather tag always bothered me being placed to the left. I got the black raw 19cm with the 5 button fly.. they are black with no stretch so they have the white/grey tint. what I like most is that at a glance, they almost look like they have a shade of blue. so far they don't seem to stretch too much either, which is great as I'd like them to stay fitted. I was also weary about the pockets at first but I like that they are longer.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013

11. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

:uhoh:

So for everyone not inside the jeans, they are about as symmetrical as usual? Do DH jeans not exemplify symmetry with the exception of a piece of metal the size of an eyelash on a belt loop nobody sees?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

12. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

I don't buy clothes for others to enjoy, I buy them for myself.
    and I'm talking about the leather dior tag on the inside that is sewn on the left. It bugs me just as much as seeing garments being made in china. Personal preference, not one i've ever lost sleep over, just commenting on the details that I'm enjoying.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013

13. zeogo

zeogo Well-Known Member

I have the chance to buy the low sneakers in black for 40% off, should I get them? They are just soooo simple for the price... But I do like the way the brand is embossed on the tongue, very CĂ©line.

14. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

I wouldnt tbh I don't even like them. I rather wear CPs or dior lows

15. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

I have the white lows and really like them. Gonna get the black lows as well. I like that they are totally simple, sleek and have close to no branding. Leather is soft and buttery as well. Much better quality than CP and doesn't have that hideous number brand on the side. Quality is probably same as Dior but I never got into the trainer look on diors.

or you can wait til 2014 for the stan smiths to come back lol