• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saint Gregory Tailors in Naples: London Trunk show 14&15 June

hnwhite

Reaction score
Admin approved (thanks Fok @LA Guy)

Some of you might be familiar with Saint Gregory Tailors in Naples – as the name suggests they are a bespoke tailoring house from Naples. They’ve been doing a few trunk shows recently, primarily in Sweden. So you might have seen some of their photos on Instagram. I know Andreas from the forum is a customer and perhaps some others too.

They have a long history, but mostly doing work for 3rd party tailors i.e. trouser and coat making. Only recently have they created their own brand and started to meet customers directly. The quality is among the best work I’ve seen from Naples. Suits are fully canvassed and everything is handsewn – the chest, buttonholes, all the pick stitching, the outseam etc. The construction is typical Neapolitan - lightweight, spalla camicia shoulder, extended front dart.

They are trying to make a London visit a regular thing. Prices are very keen, jackets from €1600 and suits from €2200 incl. house fabric. I think compared to some of the other visiting tailors, this is really good value, and hopefully attractive enough for anyone in the market for some Neapolitan tailoring that can’t make it over to Naples.

Ennio, the cutter, as well as being a super nice guy, speaks very good English so communication is also not a problem.

To make this work, I’m trying to put on a regular trunk show with them. We’ve got a date in the diary for Friday 14th & Saturday 15th June at the Royal Overseas League in St James’.

Would anyone be interested? Please feel free to send me a PM to express interest.

Some photos below I’ve nabbed from different Instagram accounts to show the house style.

Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 15.08.51.png
Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 15.09.04.png
Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 15.09.16.png
Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 15.09.44.png
Screenshot 2019-05-30 at 15.10.15.png

hnwhite

Reaction score
Top one looks amazing. What cloth is that?

Second one is a Shetland?

I might ask them to make up my limited edition fox gun club.

E37C2334-D4B7-40FA-A7BA-13CCAE2046D7.jpeg

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have it. Cleav has it. You have it. We need to do a SF meetup where we all wear the same jacket by different tailors. And maybe play terrible cover songs.

hnwhite

Reaction score
Get down to the trunk show!

Have you had yours made yet? I saw nige’s on Instagram looks sweet.

hnwhite

Reaction score
Think the fox is sold out now. We can negotiate a swap with some nice Harris tweeds :bigstar:

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can highly recommend St G. I've got one tweed jacket so far, and a double breasted suit on the way (pictured in the OP).

Here's my first jacket from them btw:
DSCF2401.jpg

Stilig

Reaction score
I can really recommend Saint Gregory as well. I have a beautiful blue pinstripe suit from them. The make is absolutely amazing. It's the one suit I have where people have been stopping me in the streets to ask where I got it.

hnwhite

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys, great tio hear some first hand experience.

On a slightly separate note, I'm going to have some samples of hand woven Harris Tweed from Urgha Loom Shed on hand. They make some beautiful single width fabrics which you can order for your tailor (or StG) to make up.

Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 10.29.02.png
Screenshot 2019-06-11 at 10.33.41.png

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can really recommend Saint Gregory as well. I have a beautiful blue pinstripe suit from them. The make is absolutely amazing. It's the one suit I have where people have been stopping me in the streets to ask where I got it.

any pics?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics