1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Sagara Shoes from Indonesia

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Conventum, Nov 2, 2012.

1. asturiano

asturiano Senior member

2. kliqe

kliqe Member

3. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

im gonna get a pair of imperial iii's soon. what do you guys prefer? the whiskey calf or the black calf? the whiskey calf looks way too shiney though =\

i wanted the legacy iii at first but they dont stock them anymore. ive been going back and forth email with bagus and he seems nice, as soon as he replies my last email i will order.

did you guys ask them to put a low value amount on the package so it doesnt get charged at customs? not sure if this happens in the US too but it sucks for Canada

4. Frigiliana

Frigiliana Well-Known Member

I haven't had a reply to my question about shipping to UK must be too busy making all your shoes (I hope)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  5. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

5 months into the whiskey and theyre still quite shiny[​IMG]

3 months into black calf
    [​IMG]

which colour should i get?

the legacy iii's that i wanted
    [​IMG]

6. lioneironaut

lioneironaut Member

Just heard back from him, got a tracking number that is working in EMS. Feeling a bit better about them now... his excuse was that he had a wedding.

7. Conventum

Conventum Well-Known Member

Same for me guys. I got a response from him about 9 hours ago. Maybe he ran into this thread and saw how we were all unhappy and decided to speed things up. When we all get our shoes, we should all write up a full review of the shoes and ordering experience. There is a lack of discussion on this brand and I think it will help out anyone considering a purchase from them in the future. The last update I got on my tracking so far is:
    JakartaSoekarnoHatta 19000
    2012-11-07
    02:04
    Departure from outward OE

8. lioneironaut

lioneironaut Member

Haha I think our shoes are on the same flight, man.

9. Conventum

That's funny! Where are your shoes headed? I'm in the Los Angeles area.

10. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

What's the longest time its taken for him to reply your emails? Asked him to lower the price on the package and not sure if he understood it or was offended LOL

11. VRaivio

VRaivio Senior member

12. Conventum

The longest it took for him to reply to me was almost a month.

I really want to do a review and express my opinions on their brand. Since there is a lack of photos on the web, I'll make sure to take a lot of photos.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  13. CTBrummie

CTBrummie Senior member

The top boot was the one that got the attention on Superfuture for looking like it was corrected grain. The one below that looks to be the same, too.

Regarding the comment about shilling, worth noting that virtually everyone who commented on this brand on Sufu was a new or nearly-new profile.

14. lioneironaut

lioneironaut Member

Yeah I saw that, and generally did like the look of the leather. That's why I decided to buy the rough-outs. As far as I know rough-out leather, as long as it's thick (which this does appear to be) will be just fine. The construction still looks awesome. Obviously we'll see when it arrives.

As far as new people, that could just reflect the fact that the only people who know about/own the shoes are from indonesia and may be quite active on their own forums, darabhiku or something like that, but not so much posters on sufu.