1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Sagara Shoes from Indonesia

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Conventum, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Conventum

Conventum Well-Known Member

Hello gentlemen, has anyone purchased a pair of shoes from Sagara? I already placed an order, but I'd like to know if someone here has a pair and what their overall experience is like and how they like their shoes.

I started my interest in Indonesian shoemakers since I saw the Santalum video on Vimeo. Their craftsmen appear to be very traditional and skilled. Unfortunately, their customer service was the worst customer service I ever experienced in my life. Even a stockist had trouble with them as well and no longer carries their brand. (I went with the stockist since I didn't want to deal with Santalum.) That ended up with a cancelled order.

Anyways, I eventually stumbled upon Sagara and their products looked far superior in quality and style in comparison to Santalum. So I decided to order the following:

Imperial III - Whiskey Calfskin
    [​IMG]
    Capital II - Chestnut Calfskin
    [​IMG]
    I'll post my entire order experience and review of both pairs when they arrive. Maybe I'll take some pics too. Thanks for reading.