1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

sadle shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by globetrotter, Jan 26, 2005.

1. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

I really like the look of sadle shoes, and I am wondering how you care for two different shades of leather on one shoe.

anybody have ideas?

also, what do you feel about a sadle shoe in 2 shades of dark brown worn with a business suit (say in dark gray).

2. AlanC

AlanC Minister of Trad

I have a pair of brown suede and white smooth calf shoes. I just simply care for each section as I would normally. You just have to be careful when putting white polish on. And I think a saddle in dark brown could work great. It's a look that certainly will say "American", well, except for these. There was an earlier thread.

3. globetrotter

globetrotter Stylish Dinosaur

that is actually the pair I was thinking about.

4. johnapril

johnapril Distinguished Member

(AlanC @ Jan. 26 2005,07:06) I have a pair of brown suede and white smooth calf shoes. I just simply care for each section as I would normally. You just have to be careful when putting white polish on. And I think a saddle in dark brown could work great. It's a look that certainly will say "American", well, except for these. There was an earlier thread.
    that is actually the pair I was thinking about.
    globetrotter, don't you dare buy those shoes without letting me come shopping too.

5. RIDER

RIDER Distinguished Member

Yeah, since they won't get back to me, I think I will have to steal that one and make it with Martegani.

As far as care, you just polish each section as you normally do; just carefully.

6. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior Member

Beautiful shoes. How much do they run?

Dan

7. RIDER

RIDER Distinguished Member

A couple of years ago, if I remember correctly, they were around $450. That's when we had the Lira - now who knows...