• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Saddleback Medium Classic Briefcase in Dark Coffee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ott

Reaction score
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/Classic-Briefcase?sc=8&category=301406

Needs no introduction. Bought a few years ago from Saddleback. I absolutely love it, but as somebody with several shoulder injuries over the years, a big leather shoulderbag is just not ideal. Admittedly it also converts to a backpack, but it's just not as comfortable for me as a canvas or nylon backpack. :embar:

At any rate, used maybe ~15 times, no signs of wear other than a few scratches, and an extra hole punched through the strap so that I could wear the bag close to my back (See IMG156 of the strap for what I mean). I used a leather hole puncher for that, but it had some trouble with the thickness and strength of the leather and it didn't come out perfectly clean.

• Medium - 14" (35.6 cm) Wide, 11" (27.9 cm) Tall, 9" (22.9 cm) Deep (regular laptop)
    NOTE: Dimensions are for the outside of the bag. Interior dimensions are ¼” (0.6 cm) less to account for stitching at the seams.
  • Pigskin lined - 6.5 pounds (2.9 kg)
  • Each compartment is 4.5" (11.4 cm) deep
  • Thick double zero continuous filament polyester marine-grade industrial thread
  • Hypoallergenic 4-5 oz. (2-2.2 mm) thick chrome tanned leather
  • Stout rivets at all stress points
  • Handle riveted to metal bar for stiff upper rigidity
  • Only three major seams
  • Shoulder strap is adjustable from 36" (91.4 cm) to 59" (150 cm)
  • Tough pigskin lining or softer suede lining*. Pigskin is the second strongest hide in the world, second to kangaroo.

Retails for $568+ shipping, I'm asking 275 shipped (from Canada) to N. America.

REPUTABLE BUYERS/SERIOUS INQUIRIES ONLY.

thanks for looking!

Attachments

• IMG149.jpg
    IMG149.jpg
    496.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG150.jpg
    IMG150.jpg
    411 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG151.jpg
    IMG151.jpg
    546.2 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG152.jpg
    IMG152.jpg
    564.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG153.jpg
    IMG153.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG154.jpg
    IMG154.jpg
    610.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG155.jpg
    IMG155.jpg
    424.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG156.jpg
    IMG156.jpg
    577.5 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

FENWAY

Reaction score
Purchased this brief from Ott and love it! Quick shipping...great Seller. Thanks again -M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads