1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Saddle Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by acidboy, Jul 24, 2009.

1. Srynerson

Srynerson Senior member

Saddle by Atlan

[​IMG]

I don't think the brown saddle works with the purple. Black, white, or medium grey would all go better with the base color, IMHO.

2. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

3. PiedBeau

PiedBeau Well-Known Member

I don't think the brown saddle works with the purple. Black, white, or medium grey would all go better with the base color, IMHO.

It's not brown, it's orange. Like Hermes' orange.

4. HansderHund

HansderHund Senior member

5. bengal-stripe

bengal-stripe Senior member Dubiously Honored

I read the thread and I'm still a bit curious. What is the difference between saddle shoes and these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...T#ht_618wt_905

This is not a saddle shoe but a "˜quarter brogue'

[​IMG]

Here another 'quarter brogue': different manufacturer, different look, but essentially the same style:
    toe cap with row of punching, vamp (forepart), quarters (sidepieces).

As the Ferragamo shoe is in two different colours, that makes him in addition into a "˜spectator' or "˜co-respondent'.

A "˜saddle shoe' has middle section (the saddle) which is frequently, but not always, in a contrasting colour or texture.

6. Srynerson

Srynerson Senior member

It's not brown, it's orange. Like Hermes' orange.

Really? It looks light brown to me, like AE's "walnut" shade. To me, this is orange:

[​IMG]

7. Jorge

Jorge Senior member

Really? It looks light brown to me, like AE's "walnut" shade. To me, this is orange:

[​IMG]

Each time I see it at Leffot I beg to purchase it, but Steven refuses to part with it. [​IMG]

8. JakeLA

JakeLA Senior member

9. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

[​IMG]

Make/model?

10. Sanguis Mortuum

Sanguis Mortuum Senior member

Make/model?

The image URL links to florsheim.com so there's the make, and you can probably browse the website to find the model.

11. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

The image URL links to florsheim.com so there's the make, and you can probably browse the website to find the model.

Thanks, holmes.

12. commodorewheeler

commodorewheeler Senior member

[​IMG]
    Make/model?
    Also, Allen-Edmonds makes a model called the Shelton that looks almost identical to those. Only obvious difference that I can see is that the AEs have a double leather sole, and on the AEs, the heel lining is smooth, not sueded leather.

13. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Also, Allen-Edmonds makes a model called the Shelton that looks almost identical to those. Only obvious difference that I can see is that the AEs have a double leather sole, and on the AEs, the heel lining is smooth, not sueded leather.

The other differences are that the AE's are goodyear welted whereas the Florsheim's are not and of course price.