Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Saddest thing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Korben, Dec 4, 2009.

1. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

Am I the only person who isn't remotely saddened by this story. Maybe it's my annoyance at the fact that we treat other animals like absolute garbage, and only treat the cute ones well. >_>

Yes, you are.

2. sjd

sjd Senior member

Am I the only person who isn't remotely saddened by this story. Maybe it's my annoyance at the fact that we treat other animals like absolute garbage, and only treat the cute ones well. >_>

What? Garbage? Do you mean by eating them?

3. MrG

MrG Senior member

Exactly how would it bring justice to the world if this one were treated like garbage as well? Would it have brought an ugly animal back to life if he had ignored this animal's suffering?

4. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

You're very strange.

5. Pawz

Pawz Senior member

I rescued a possum once (had a broken jaw and couldn't close its mouth properly - vet saved it). It was ugly as Hell, too.

Most animals are cute, and the ones which are not are so ugly, they are. =^.^=

This isn't a sad story, anyway - Rudy was rescued and will live.

6. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

trying to post a picture that i email to my self from my phone of the little bugger.. but i am about computer illiterate

Rudy

I hope this works. It is just from my phone and only of his face.. the rest is still a mess and shaved... I am excited to get him back still don't know when it will be hopefully early next week. He already has several cat toy waiting on him. I tried to get the actual photo to post in the message but I couldn't get it to work.

YOU SAVED KITLER

7. JonHecht

JonHecht Senior member

I mean that I am not sad as a matter of acculturation, because I am so used to, say, factory farming and mass slaughter.

8. Teger

Teger Senior member

I mean that I am not sad as a matter of acculturation, because I am so used to, say, factory farming and mass slaughter.

you are a weird fucking kid

9. Sherman90

Sherman90 Senior member

So I was on my way to work this morning driving my normal path and I come to a red light. A car had hit a kitten and the poor thing was trying to move with two legs.. The other two both on the same side had been crushed.. Its raining and cold and just a miserable day. I am sitting there in a new suit, warm car and gloves. I just couldn't take it... (this is one of the major streets in my city). I flip on my flashers get out of the car go to the middle of the intersection and pick the little thing up. Not a car moves... I get back in, put the little guy in the passenger seat (its making the worst sounds I have ever heard). Luckily my son had left his gym bag in the back and towel was hanging out, so I wrapped him up. Pulled a U turn in the intersection and went to the animal hospital a few blocks away. Long story short a ruined suit, two missed morning meetings, and about $2,000 in vet bills so far, I have a new little cat I'm gonna call.... Rudy. The little thing lost one leg completely but the vet salvaged the other. I thought they would just put it down but they asked me if I wanted them to try and save it and well I couldn't say no. He is resting at the hospital for now and they told me in 2 weeks I may be able to bring him home.

And to top it all off I am allergic to cats, starting allergy shots.

What a kind-hearted gentleman. Kudos to you. I'm sure you two will develop a wonderful bond.

10. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance Senior member

you are a weird fucking kid

Lolll. Totally agree.

11. why

why Senior member

Add me to the list. It's a cat. I think it'd be more fitting to tear up every time I see the obituaries. At least I have a species in common with them.

Then again, this is a culture of people that talk with their mouths full of hamburger but can't stand to see a cow slaughtered.

12. JonHecht

JonHecht Senior member

My point exactly. Be fucking consistent, people. You should all be bloody vegans, if you really feel this way. I am, but it doesn't mean that I am going to cry every time go to the store and see a turkey sandwich.

13. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

My point exactly. Be fucking consistent, people. You should all be bloody vegans, if you really feel this way. I am, but it doesn't mean that I am going to cry every time go to the store and see a turkey sandwich.

go away

14. redcaimen

redcaimen Bigtime

Then again, this is a culture of people that talk with their mouths full of hamburger but can't stand to see a cow slaughtered.

LOL.

True story: Some years back a young woman was jogging on a trail somewhere in northern california. She was stalked and killed by a mother mountain lion. The woman also was a mother. They tracked down the female mountain lion and shot it dead. Both cubs and human children were left motherless.

The story became national news. The donations from those concerned about the welfare of the mountain lion cubs exceeded by a factor of 20 those received by the human children.

15. Rosenberg

Rosenberg Senior member

LOL.

True story: Some years back a young woman was jogging on a trail somewhere in northern california. She was stalked and killed by a mother mountain lion. The woman also was a mother. They tracked down the female mountain lion and shot it dead. Both cubs and human children were left motherless.

The story became national news. The donations from those concerned about the welfare of the mountain lion cubs exceeded by a factor of 20 those received by the human children.

the mountain lions were there first. i'm sure i'll get called a dick for saying that but it's true