• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sacramento Tailors?

sjmin209

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good tailor in Sacramento? I nned to have asuit altered & want someone who does excellent work.

Renty

Reaction score
Would it be faux pas if I bumped this?

Oh well. I'm also looking for a tailor for alterations on a couple of Samuelsohn's I got off of STP recently. I noticed a couple of other people know the area based on some older posts I saw in search and would appreciate any suggestions.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I often go to Mike's Tailoring and Clothing on 10th and K downtown. If you don't know exactly what you want then he might try to talk you into something more conservative. Stand your ground and he should do fine. By his own admission, he does work for state congressman.

I have heard that Zara's (sp?) in Downtown Plaza is okay for some alterations, according to one of the boutique owners downtown.

On Howe and Fair Oaks, somewhere around there, there is Alterations To Go, which is supposed to be run by an actual tailor. There are several with this name, but the one in Loehman's Plaza is supposed to be the good one I hear.

Renty

Reaction score
tiecollector;486394} On Howe and Fair Oaks said:
That would be the one next to Nordstrom Rack. Correct?

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Renty
That would be the one next to Nordstrom Rack. Correct?
No, that is Howe About Arden. Fair Oaks and Howe is in front of Sac State. That is around where Julius is and stuff, the Beverly Hills of Sac
wink.gif
. I will ask to make sure, but I'm almost positive that is the right one. There are several Alterations to Go places, it might be a franchise?

Renty

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tiecollector
No, that is Howe About Arden. Fair Oaks and Howe is in front of Sac State. That is around where Julius is and stuff, the Beverly Hills of Sac
wink.gif
. I will ask to make sure, but I'm almost positive that is the right one. There are several Alterations to Go places, it might be a franchise?

I think my post is my mind telling me to go to bed and stop confusing streets - especially given the fact I live in the Arden area.
blush.gif
And yes, I've seen a number of them around here and if the quality of work varies among them then I would assume it is a franchise.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads