• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nycs10011

Reaction score
I received my first purchase from SEH Kelly this weekend and I couldn't be happier. The Deerskin gloves fit wonderfully, look elegant and are perfect for a cold day in New York. They arrived in lovely, plastic-free, packaging, soring another point in my book.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I received my first purchase from SEH Kelly this weekend and I couldn't be happier. The Deerskin gloves fit wonderfully, look elegant and are perfect for a cold day in New York. They arrived in lovely, plastic-free, packaging, soring another point in my book.

Pleased to hear it (I owe you a tote bag, too, I think: the global shortage goes on).

I'm happy with the gloves this year, more so than any previous year. I think we've settled on a good style, and the cuff integrates nicely with the deerskin and with the construction of the glove itself. Lots of handwork in quite a small space, with the hand-framed cuff and the hand-stitching on the glove.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The balmacaan has finally made its way online ...

balaclava-geelong-lambswool-dark-navy-1@2.jpg
balaclava-geelong-lambswool-dark-navy-2@2x.jpg
balaclava-geelong-lambswool-dark-navy-6@2x.jpg

This will either go very well or very badly. Judging by the looks of passersby when taking these photographs — which I do in the yard outside the workshop — I'm thinking the latter, but time is always the best judge.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I think I first mentioned the shopcoat here about a year ago, mostly under the self-delusion that it was finished and would soon go into production.

Well, here we are again, and ...

... I think it'll finally see light of day in few months.

We've this week changed the collar so it overlaps the lapel, which is a nod to something you sometimes see on old British and French workwear. The armholes are now lapped, too, similar to our work jacket (but without the open vent at the armpit).

shopcoat-toile-1.jpg
shopcoat-toile-2.jpg
shopcoat-toile-4.jpg

I hope it'll be a useful, sturdy coat when it does eventually appear. Sort of like a long work jacket but with equal parts formal and informal flourishes.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks very cool. How long will it be in the body?

Glad you like the look of it.

If there was a Venn diagram of our developments over the years, it'd probably be right in the middle.

I don't have the coat in front of me right now, but the length is in the region of 35 inches.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The prototype here is the cotton-linen "union" cloth which we've on occasion over the year, such as the standard trouser earlier in the year.

We might well use the same cloth for production. It works very well. Other candidates would be a cotton canvas or "sail cloth" which looks much the same. I did originally have the worsted canvas used for https://www.sehkelly.com/shop/trous...andard-trouser-in-worsted-canvas-in-midnight/ but I'm not so sure now. It's a good cloth but I think the shopcoat needs a bit more oomph.

10dence

Reaction score
Seems like the balaclava sold out, congratulations. I myself was warming up to the idea, so maybe it was for the best!

Edit: 'to' the idea

Last edited:

moimael

Reaction score
How many balaclava were available out of curiosity ? (I did buy one :) )

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have absolutely no need for a balaclava but I sort of want one.

I can justify the purchase however since I'm an hour away from the mountains though i really don't have to justify anything :bigstar:

rodgers12

Reaction score
Still distraught I missed out on the cord work jacket in cedar tbh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics