• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Macryu

Reaction score
Paul, by any chance do you have pictures of how the Chesterfield looks worn, especially while buttoned? I'm curious as to how the half-belt in the back affects the silhouette.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, by any chance do you have pictures of how the Chesterfield looks worn, especially while buttoned? I'm curious as to how the half-belt in the back affects the silhouette.

Good question.

I don't have any to hand just yet, no, but I can tell you that the half-belt has little if any bearing on the shape of the coat. It ruffles things up a slight touch at the back, but it isn't used to impose any sort of suppression.

chesterfield-woollen-bedford-cord-imperial-blue-8@2x.jpg
chesterfield-woollen-bedford-cord-imperial-blue-15@2x.jpg

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And talking about peacoats, here's the lesser-spotted tobacco version of the peacoat, which may or may not appear online at some point in the next month.

peacoat-uniform-melton-tobacco-worn-1@2x.jpg

There's a black one, too. Both quite limited (countable on one hand) in number.

mitsein

Reaction score
Paul, will the heavy woollen hopsack proper trousers be coming in other colours, say dark brown or grey, as well?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, will the heavy woollen hopsack proper trousers be coming in other colours, say dark brown or grey, as well?

Not the proper trouser, no ...

... but we do have the standard trouser (e.g. https://sehkelly.com/standard-trouser-in-worsted-canvas-in-midnight/) in the heavy woollen hopsack in black, colliery grey (the same cloth as https://sehkelly.com/peacoat-in-merino-hopsack-in-colliery-grey/) and the same midnight colour as the proper.

We also have a single pair of the proper trouser (e.g. https://sehkelly.com/proper-trouser-in-heavy-woollen-hopsack-in-midnight/) in the heavy woollen hopsack in black, now that I think about it. Size M only. Not sure why.

None of the above are yet online, but are all available if you wish, if you drop me a line here or via email.

Paul

snow

Reaction score
Not sure what the usual system is - any chance of a restock on the Balmacaan (grey - M)? Guessing not! :(

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not sure what the usual system is - any chance of a restock on the Balmacaan (grey - M)? Guessing not! :(

Afraid not, sir.

If one comes back my way, I'll for sure drop you a line. But it is quite unlikely now, truth be told. Sorry.

inTROYspection

Reaction score
Heads up that I'm selling the F/W 2016 peacoat. If you're interested send me a DM.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a first look the duffle coat in the lambswool Elysian.

duffle-elysian-1@2x.jpg
duffle-elysian-grey-2@2x.jpg
duffle-elysian-grey-3@2x.jpg

Crikey this stuff is ... buoyant. Springy. I'd use the old "like wearing a blanket" adage, but it's more a ... like something in which you swaddle a newborn.

The supplier of it is a cashmere mill in West Yorkshire — properly old-school, with teasel-gigs and all the other trappings of early-20th century weaving — and clearly their nous with cashmere has rubbed off on their lambswool offering.

Jinbei

Reaction score
Really nice. How would you compare both of the fabric you offer on your duffle ?

moimael

Reaction score
It looks brilliant ! Waiting to sell my old duffle to get this one...

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Paul, I have a question. Would your offerings considered unisex? I probably grab a 1 size smaller duffle for my lady next year haha.

Jinbei

Reaction score
Duffle Coat are unisex, taking the smallest size could work depending on the sizing of your girlfriend, the duffle is meant to be worn oversized anyway. Most of duffle brand sell the same duffle for both sex.

Last edited:

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Duffle Coat are unisex, taking the smallest size could work depending on the sizing of your girlfriend, the duffle is meant to be worn oversized anyway. Most of duffle brand sell the same duffle for both sex.
That should be good then. I often let her try my stuffs ad size s, and it fit 1 size larger for her. XS prob works out fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads