• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thibault S

Reaction score
It ought to be finished within the next two weeks.

There's the gansey -- which is like a rollneck -- plus the good old heavy crewneck, the v-neck, the cardigan, and the polo shirt (long-sleeve).

That's our widest range by some measure. On this trend, we will have reached double-figure knitwear styles by 2032.

Some are in the usual geelong lambswool, and some in a cashmere-cotton blend. And tuck-stitch all the way, as we wouldn't have it any other ... way.

We've also redeveloped the watch cap and scarf (both still simple, but with one or two new ideas).

And, in a shock move, we have developed a balaclava. This has had me in various spurts of childlike glee on and off all year, and I hope to find a handful of likeminded potential balaclava-sporters in the autumn.

If any of the above might float anyone else's boat, please let me know, as we never make huge quantities of anything.
Hi Paul,
What will be the colors for the new watch cap, please? :)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul,
What will be the colors for the new watch cap, please? :)

If you want the name of the yarn colours ... it is porcupine / wildebeast and derby / flannel.

That is to say, a dark biscuit and a mid-grey.

Both will be replete with lovely layered marbled colouring, with a mix of tuck and rib-stitch.

10dence

Reaction score
Hi Paul, is it also possible to get notified when you get the peacoats?

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
I know it's a touch of a long shot, but any chance someone has a peacoat in a size large kicking around from the first edition design? If not, i'll keep my eye towards the new design this season and how it compares to previous in cut and cloth.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I know it's a touch of a long shot, but any chance someone has a peacoat in a size large kicking around from the first edition design? If not, i'll keep my eye towards the new design this season and how it compares to previous in cut and cloth.

Do you mean our very, very first peacoat, which was made with the tweed woven in London? It was followed a year later a version in three different colours of thick Donegal wool. Both are long gone, sorry to say.

Occasionally I see or hear about the latter on eBay or Grailed. Yahoo! Auctions too in Japan. Our older pieces also seem to work they're way around various secondhand shops in Japan. Might be worth setting up a Google alert.

I'll share some more information about the upcoming peacoat soon. The cogs are starting to turn at the factory so it'll be heavy overcoats galore (well, small-scale galore) from here on in.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Thanks for the recommendations though.

I mean this one, from FW16 I believe.

However, looking forward to seeing what is down the pipes. I have had an itch for new fall clothing this year, worse than previous years it seems. I'm also looking forward to see what the new field shirt and work jackets look like...

Gordoo

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more specific. Thanks for the recommendations though.

I mean this one, from FW16 I believe.

However, looking forward to seeing what is down the pipes. I have had an itch for new fall clothing this year, worse than previous years it seems. I'm also looking forward to see what the new field shirt and work jackets look like...

There is one on Grailed in size medium right now if you're willing to size down.

gnu

Reaction score
Unfortunately parting ways with my SEH Kelly Ventile Trench (sz M) since I moved to the desert. Its literally brand new, PM if interested.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
All this talk of peacoats has me feeling a little slow off the mark to talk about the peacoat we are making currently, all being well with a view to release at the end of the month.

We haven't made many changes since last year, apart from in the fit. It will be nudged towards "overcoat" in future, further away from "jacket". We've increased the width across the back, and put more hidden lift into the sleeve, so it is easier to raise your arm. We've raised the armhole, too, to help with that -- but only a little, since the sleeve, for my money, still needs to have good width to look "right" for a big, hefty peacoat. With such things there will always be tweaking: I suspect I'll be going round in circles on these matters for the rest of my life.

The cloth this time will be from an old mill up in West Yorkshire. It won't look too different from last year (or the year before, or the year before) but is lighter in weight. My ambition is to make the coat more useful for more of the year, whereas previous ones have been formidable winter juggernauts. (The exception being the hopsack from which your Mr. @Patrick R's peacoat is made: that is much alike with the weight of this year's peacoat cloth).

As well as the traditional navy, there will be a dark khaki, too: one of those awkward shades that defies being given a label. It is a replica of military cloth favoured by the British Army about 150 years ago (which in the lifespan of the mill isn't very long ago: they've been in operation since the USA was a country, which I always find staggering). We used it two years ago for a short run of trench coats, in fact, and I've been hankering after using it again ever since.

Hopefully they'll be done before the end of September, at a similar time to the balmacaan and duffle coat.

Before that we have the return of the work jacket in heavy corduroy (four colours! Good grief.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads