• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
This shirt sounds very intriguing, would it be the Superfine Merino Hopsack that is currently on the website?
Is it be possible to secure one of these ahead of their website appearance?

Indeed yes, sir. We run a tidy little operation of making available things that yours truly has yet to get around to photographing.

The shirt in question is exactly the same as https://www.sehkelly.com/shirt-in-super-fine-merino-hopsack-in-malt/ but in dark navy (the same colour as e.g. https://www.sehkelly.com/field-shirt-in-canopy-cotton-in-dark-navy/).

If you do wish to order one and so circumvent the website, then let me know — perhaps best by email at [email protected] — and we can go from there.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I have spent much of the past week looking forlornly at the weather forecast, as the sun has come out and shows no sign of relenting *despite* the release of our new parka.

The cloth was rather late to arrive, see, and so while winter slips away from most parts of the world, we have on our hands right now this not-inconsiderable chunk of outerwear -- for which I now have a few "as worn" photographs.

parka-canopy-cotton-desert-tan-worn-8@2x.jpg
parka-canopy-cotton-desert-tan-worn-5@2x.jpg
parka-canopy-cotton-desert-tan-worn-1@2x.jpg

Still, I am very happy to have it around — it went to plan, this one! — so it's not all bad.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
There are a handful of memorably routine incidences that mark the year here at the workshop, and one of them is the release of trousers after a many months-long period of not having done so.

And thus here we are again, with a small number of trousers -- both the proper in cotton airweave ...

proper-trouser-cotton-airweave-navy-6s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-cotton-airweave-navy-11s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-cotton-airweave-olive-2s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-cotton-airweave-olive-4s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-cotton-airweave-olive-7s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-cotton-airweave-olive-9s@2x.jpg

... and in tropical worsted ...

proper-trouser-tropical-worsted-grey-2s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-tropical-worsted-midnight-7@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-tropical-worsted-midnight-9s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-tropical-worsted-grey-11s@2x.jpg
proper-trouser-tropical-worsted-midnight-5s@2x.jpg

... and the slim trouser, in cotton cavalry twill.

slim-trouser-cavalry-twill-stone-6s@2x.jpg
slim-trouser-cavalry-twill-midnight-blue-2s@2x.jpg
slim-trouser-cavalry-twill-stone-7s@2x.jpg
slim-trouser-cavalry-twill-stone-10s@2x.jpg

There are few more of the latter coming, too, in a very nice brushed cotton-twill, in hydrone blue, black, and stone.

Truth be told, and somewhat annoyingly for all concerned, we again haven't made nearly enough — indeed, the cavalry twill have all but gone — but, well ... we've certainly learned our lesson for next time.

Joeydisco

Reaction score
Paul, the new trousers look great. I’ve pretty much worn my last pair of proper trouser I had from you right through. The rush appears to have beaten me though and the first three pairs I’ve tried to buy are sold out in L. Is there likely to be a restock or are they gone for good?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Is there likely to be a restock or are they gone for good?

Sorry — I must've overlooked the question at the end of your post.

In size L, we only have the proper trouser in airweave in dark olive. It is listed at http://sehkelly.com/large next to our only other trouser in the same size.

I promise to be more responsive next time around!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
... indeed, since my last post, we've added a few other trousers of the slim variety.

slim-trouser-cotton-twill-stone-8.jpg
slim-trouser-cotton-twill-nearly-black-3.jpg
slim-trouser-cotton-twill-hydrone-blue-10.jpg
slim-trouser-cotton-twill-stone-6.jpg
slim-trouser-cotton-twill-nearly-black-8.jpg
slim-trouser-cotton-twill-hydrone-blue-4.jpg

These are a heavy brushed cotton-twill, rather than the cavalry twill posted last time (which is a thinner and arguably more season-appropriate cloth).

Paul

alan_t

Reaction score
Hi @sehkelly
Would you, in the future, consider adding sleeve measurements from center back?
Reason I ask this is because as a shorter than average guy, getting clothes with the proper length is a real issue for me.
I think sleeve length measured from center back is more useful and consistent, and I think that's what most people use.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paul, will there be proper trousers in cavalry twill?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Paul, will there be proper trousers in cavalry twill?

Not this time around, no sir. Next year, maybe!

The airweave is strikingly similar, just with a different outward appearance.

P.S. Sorry for the slow reply. I am no longer receiving email notifications to replies in this thread. Not sure why.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would you, in the future, consider adding sleeve measurements from center back?

Yes. I think you are right.

When I am back at the workshop at the weekend, I think I'll go back to sleeve from centre-back.

P.S. Sorry for the slow reply. I am no longer receiving email notifications to replies in this thread.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A topsy-turvy week of weather here in London (mostly turvy, in truth) has led to a surge of interest in the trench coat, at least from my perspective. We took the time to photograph a well-meaning local loiterer wearing it.

Of course, despite its bulletproof and flame-marsupialant side benefits, the most pertinent aspects of the ripstop this time of year is its waterproofness, absurdly low weight, and clever moisture-wicking and thermo-regulation. Clever.

trench-coat-ripstop-cosmos-worn-6@2x.jpg

trench-coat-ripstop-cosmos-worn-3@2x.jpg
trench-coat-ripstop-cosmos-worn-1@2x.jpg

There's also the polo shirt in cotton ...

polo-shirt-cotton-porridge-worn-1@2x.jpg

And the SB3, which as mentioned previously is now a 3-roll-2 affair, but hopefully carries the same spirit of the previous version. The idea was to dial up its smartness by one click, hence it is also longer and with more waist supression. It is still resolutely a casual and unstructured thing, of course, but in the worsted is probably the most smart-looking jacket we've made in some time.

sb3-jacket-worsted-grey-worn-4@2x.jpg
sb3-jacket-worsted-grey-worn-2@2x.jpg
sb3-jacket-worsted-grey-worn-1@2x.jpg
sb3-jacket-worsted-grey-worn-5@2x.jpg

Paul

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I love how the gorges look on the SB3. I can't stand the overly high gorges in vogue from the Italians.

Cheers.

We do have an inexplicable proclivity to squish things towards the front / centre of a garment. Not sure why. It means our gorges are low and quite often our pockets are high.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads