• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In slightly less esoteric news, we've been finishing off a bunch of new items in various linens from Northern Ireland — starting with these, the field trousers.

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-9s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-10s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-navy-8s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-navy-11s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-7s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-6s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-12s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-navy-2s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-14s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-navy-21s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-23s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-navy-22s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-navy-9s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-buckwheat-3s@2x.jpg

field-trousers-linen-poplin-navy-5s@2x.jpg

And then we have some shirts made with the same sort of linen, but lighter weight (and thus lighter than all our usual linen shirts). They have a revised version of the spread collar, about which I am frankly tickled: a tighter curve here and a straighter line there makes a world of difference. And a really nice, really curvaceous collar stand, that curves around the neck in just the best way we've ever managed to achieve.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
And here are those shirts I mentioned ...

The linen here is, as mentioned, lighter in weight than previous years, but still has the same appearance, with yarn sanforised and mercerised for anti-shrink duties, and given a washed finish for a good handle.

shirt-standard-collar-linen-natural-2s@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-linen-mid-grey-5s@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-linen-natural-8s@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-linen-mid-grey-4s@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-linen-natural-4s@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-linen-natural-3s@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-linen-mid-grey-2s@2x.jpg

shirt-standard-collar-linen-mid-grey-8s@2x.jpg

And on the horizon on the shirt front is this:

The cloth is a blend of cotton, silk, linen, and wool. Busy!

nemononame

Reaction score
And here are those shirts I mentioned ...

The linen here is, as mentioned, lighter in weight than previous years, but still has the same appearance, with yarn sanforised and mercerised for anti-shrink duties, and given a washed finish for a good handle.

View attachment 1964415
View attachment 1964419
View attachment 1964409
View attachment 1964421
View attachment 1964411
View attachment 1964413
View attachment 1964423
View attachment 1964417

And on the horizon on the shirt front is this:

The cloth is a blend of cotton, silk, linen, and wool. Busy!

Must admit I will miss the debonair way the old, longer spread collar would flare out along the collar bone area when the shirt was unbuttoned, but this new refinement does seem, well, more refined, and, ah, thoughtful. Looking forward to the one I just ordered.

The new standard collar seems to me smarter in every way to the older version I dug up here to compare: https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/shirt-standard-collar-desert-grey-5-2x-jpg.1153310/ . And what lovely fabric -- I may size up and use it as an overshirt.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Must admit I will miss the debonair way the old, longer spread collar would flare out along the collar bone area when the shirt was unbuttoned, but this new refinement does seem, well, more refined, and, ah, thoughtful. Looking forward to the one I just ordered.

The new standard collar seems to me smarter in every way to the older version I dug up here to compare: https://www.styleforum.net/attachments/shirt-standard-collar-desert-grey-5-2x-jpg.1153310/ . And what lovely fabric -- I may size up and use it as an overshirt.

I think you'll find the new spread collar and previous iterations very, very similar, as we haven't changed it all that much. Lots of work, lots of fine-tuning, but the net result is extremely close to what went before.

I guess the standard collar hasn't much changed, either! Looking at that older photograph, the similarities are striking! But again, lots of fine-tuning and honing and working hard on having it sit more cleanly, behave more obediently over time, and a nicer curve of the stand around the neck.

Thanks so much for the custom, too, by the way!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One of the first coats we have lined up for later in the year is this, the Chesterfield, which we haven't made for a few years.

It's a large, heavy single breasted coat, but with a collar that's more akin to double-breasted in size and shape. It is unique among our line-up in having a semi-raglan sleeve.

We've made a few changes to it, most notable making it longer, and giving the pocket at chest a flap. It has a sharper shape to it, too.

chesterfield-hopsack-woollen-mannequin-2023-3s@2x.jpg
chesterfield-hopsack-woollen-mannequin-2023-2s@2x.jpg
chesterfield-hopsack-woollen-mannequin-2023-1s@2x.jpg

The cloth is a heavy hopsack merino woollen, which is the same used the last time we made it — really, it's a knockout cloth, and we've been keen to use it again since running out last time.

Quite a bit of our outerwear for the autumn will be more tailored in style: this, the new topcoat, and if all goes well, the British warm, which is a double-breasted "officers coat" style coat.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I really like the place where 2 lapels overlap. Not flat against the body but a curvature.

Glad you like it!

The Chesterfield has a fly front so there's no button at the chest to flatten the roll of the lapel.

It's also mightily thick cloth ... which we press the lapel only lightly so you get a nice soft roll, rather than a hard folded press.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads