• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any chance of a restock on the olive work jacket? Seems to be sold out in most sizes already

Afraid not, sorry, no.

If you let me know which size you had in mind I can for sure drop you a line if one comes back my way, though.

Buffon.bj

Reaction score
How much can the trench coat be lengthened at the hem by a tailor? As a 190cm tall chap, the back length seems a tad short for my liking, which left me wondering this.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How much can the trench coat be lengthened at the hem by a tailor? As a 190cm tall chap, the back length seems a tad short for my liking, which left me wondering this.

Not really anything at all, sorry to say. The trench coat is built in such a way that more or less precludes lengthening — at least not without showing damage on the inside. Sorry for that.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alright, thanks for the prompt answer! Any plans on making a 10cm longer version? 8)

Afraid not, sorry!

Some of our other costs do run longer than the trench, like the greatcoat and duster (and some others upcoming) and we really just try to offer a good range of options for all heights / purposes.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's a development we've been working on. It's the start of a (version of a) dispatch rider's coat.

It looks a lot like the peacoat at this stage, with a more dramatic collar — although with the various features we plan to add over time, it won't look so much like the peacoat in the end, least not when viewed in full.

It has a similar sort of sleeve, but without the seam into the neck at the back, so it has the interesting effect of looking ... peculiar, hopefully interesting, in that the armhole seam hits the apex and then ... stops.

dispatch-1@2x.jpg
dispatch-2@2x.jpg

It also has the benefit of a very smooth line over the shoulder, but a smart look when viewed from the front.

happydayz1

Reaction score
Looks nice, Paul. Similar to a saddle shoulder on knitwear? If so, this shoulder pattern wears very comfortably from experience.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks nice, Paul. Similar to a saddle shoulder on knitwear? If so, this shoulder pattern wears very comfortably from experience.

It's different to a saddle shoulder, but gives a similar look at the front, and the same sort of soft shoulder.

For reference, our greatcoat has a saddle shoulder.

greatcoat-toile-fourth-2@2x.jpg
greatcoat-toile-third-2@2x.jpg

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
Here's a development we've been working on. It's the start of a (version of a) dispatch rider's coat.

It looks a lot like the peacoat at this stage, with a more dramatic collar — although with the various features we plan to add over time, it won't look so much like the peacoat in the end, least not when viewed in full.

It has a similar sort of sleeve, but without the seam into the neck at the back, so it has the interesting effect of looking ... peculiar, hopefully interesting, in that the armhole seam hits the apex and then ... stops.

View attachment 1918875 View attachment 1918877

It also has the benefit of a very smooth line over the shoulder, but a smart look when viewed from the front.
Interested to see how this develops. How is it going to change? At the moment it definitely looks much like a peacoat in cotton (I’m assuming). I’d wear it as it is anyway! (Perhaps in another colour as I’ve already got a few things in brown from you, any idea what colours this will end up being made in?)

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Interested to see how this develops. How is it going to change? At the moment it definitely looks much like a peacoat in cotton (I’m assuming). I’d wear it as it is anyway! (Perhaps in another colour as I’ve already got a few things in brown from you, any idea what colours this will end up being made in?)

This one is on a very slow simmer, so we don't have any firm plans, but these types of coats tend to have storm flaps or yokes across the front or over the shoulder, so we will be looking at that.

We don't think about colours at this stage!

It will probably be a tough type of cotton, though, as this mockup.

It's probably 1-2 years away from seeing light of day (unless I have a eureka moment).

I was most keen to get it going to try out the shoulder construction, and now we have that in the bag, we can sort of sit back and let the ideas come to us, with time, rather than sweating them out.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
I was wondering if you had any updates on the progress of the topcoat? Definitely looking to get one when it comes out. 😊🙂

RozenKristal

Reaction score
No update, sorry!

It will be released in the autumn — hopefully the early autumn.
How roomy is the back Paul? Since this is not raglan, or half set but regular shoulder, how is the sleeves would accommodate if wear lift arms up to the front? And what colors do you have in mind? :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads