• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fleblebleb

Reaction score
Is the collar on the new wool-cotton shirts not quite as tall as the no-collar collars on the linen shirts? Or is it just my eyes deceiving me...?

Spinster Jones

Reaction score
Does anyone have the ability to share pictures of the greatcoat, or the new duffel, being worn? I'm curious how the greatcoat wears on a smaller frame.

Last edited:

fleblebleb

Reaction score
It is, yes! We took off 0.5-1cm (can't remember exactly).

No no no. Never change things. The past is always better.

Especially for those of us with onion heads on pencil necks, but, the general principle still applies.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Does anyone have tips on where to buy good buttons for blazer? What the colors to watch out for as well?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No no no. Never change things. The past is always better.

Especially for those of us with onion heads on pencil necks, but, the general principle still applies.

We've been developing a couple of smaller collars, and the lower collar stand helps them sit better.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Does anyone have tips on where to buy good buttons for blazer? What the colors to watch out for as well?

A (by the book) classic blazer I think has gold or brass buttons. Is that what you mean?

Otherwise, I think either standard horn (biased) or horn or corozo which is the same or similar colour to the cloth.

fleblebleb

Reaction score
We've been developing a couple of smaller collars, and the lower collar stand helps them sit better.

Well, I was only joking, of course - you always change things in small ways, it’s part of the fun.

fleblebleb

Reaction score
Well it's not fair — I have a very fragile ego!

Aw, stakkels dreng. Put on a tall shirt collar then, maybe, hold the head high etc.?

Teasing aside - my shawl collar cardigan arrived. Thank you most kindly, it is really nice. I sized up one, to M, it fits splendidly over a thick shirt, just the perfect thing for morning coffee.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
A (by the book) classic blazer I think has gold or brass buttons. Is that what you mean?

Otherwise, I think either standard horn (biased) or horn or corozo which is the same or similar colour to the cloth.

It is actually a brown glen check. Blazer sound like the default navy gold brass button right? lol
Thanks. I prob go with corozo. Might make my tailor supply the buttons instead of my own ,_, Hope he has some nice ones.

Trying to think how the silver duffle gonna work with my outfit, the brown would blend in supremely well with my workwear stuff, but that silver gonna turns heads for sure.

Been getting some black footwears lately, and more monochrome colors. I think dark indigo/black and grey scale colors would work really well? I delegating the whole country look to my balmacaan D:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads