• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of quick, barely had a chance to see the melton field trousers in XS before they were all gone. Any chance Paul that there be more of those later?

Yes — there's a good chance. We have a few more being made and I need to count them up tomorrow morning.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the latest development sample of the hunting jacket, which is lacking buttons (which I think will go a long way to completing the look of the jacket) but which otherwise I'd say is 95% of the way there.

It has a capped shoulder, which gives it the fit and feel of a two-piece raglan sleeve (which is good) but also the seam across the front and back, and across the sleeves, which presents plenty of fun design opportunity and an open-goal for combining materials (which is quite common in hunting jackets of a certain era).

And there's as much work in the back of it as the front, with a half belt, gusseted shoulders, and poachers pocket. It's one of the more handsome jackets we've done when viewed from the back, and certainly the one with the most work in it.

It's kept us busy, this one!

hunting-jacket-toile-sample-1@2x.jpg

10dence

Reaction score
Looks very donkey jacketish, one of my favourite jackets ever. I love that you have taken green to heart, it really has stood out this year.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Looks very donkey jacketish, one of my favourite jackets ever. I love that you have taken green to heart, it really has stood out this year.

It is very donkey jacket-ish.

It is made in a completely different way, with different pockets, construction, collar ... and yet we arrived at a very similar point!

Zc94

Reaction score
Hey Paul, is Bal in loch blue temporarily out or out for the year? Thanks

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
Here's the latest development sample of the hunting jacket, which is lacking buttons (which I think will go a long way to completing the look of the jacket) but which otherwise I'd say is 95% of the way there.

It has a capped shoulder, which gives it the fit and feel of a two-piece raglan sleeve (which is good) but also the seam across the front and back, and across the sleeves, which presents plenty of fun design opportunity and an open-goal for combining materials (which is quite common in hunting jackets of a certain era).

And there's as much work in the back of it as the front, with a half belt, gusseted shoulders, and poachers pocket. It's one of the more handsome jackets we've done when viewed from the back, and certainly the one with the most work in it.

View attachment 1840866
If it’s good looking from the back so we get to see that?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thank you for the heads up, got them.

About the balmacaans, are forest green and loch blue the colors this year, or is there something else to come?

Many thanks indeed.

And yes — those are indeed the two colours for the year, with production now finished aside for a handful more in blue.

booroo

Reaction score

View attachment 1840866
That looks lovely. Though it does beg the question...how many items of outerwear should one man have in his wardrobe?

That being said...looking forward to seeing the fishing jacket too when you can share something!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
That looks lovely. Though it does beg the question...how many items of outerwear should one man have in his wardrobe?

That being said...looking forward to seeing the fishing jacket too when you can share something!

The fishing jacket didn't quite work out as planned so it's two steps forward, one step back with that one. But we now have a very clear vision for its final form so it's good, really. Just one of those "you don't know what you want until you see what you don't want" (as the famous old proverb goes) situations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads