• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
I’m interested to see your take on it. I’ve never really seen one of those jackets that didn’t make me think of a particular sort of person that I don’t feel very comfortable around. (If that’s not too bold to say)

I guess the examples I can find when you search for a paddock jacket just don’t really make sense with how I understand your house style, so I’m intrigued to see how you’ve adapted it to fit. I likely won’t buy one, but intrigued nevertheless.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not everything is for everyone!

Our modus operandi is to explore the classics of the British wardrobe, and interpret them and express them in new ways.

So we have the peacoat, duffle coat, trench coat, and work jacket, all of which are fairly "every day" (for want of a better term) and then some, like the shopcoat, duster, tielocken, and donkey jacket, which are arguably more esoteric and not for everyone. (We also have the trucker jacket for which, to my constant chagrin, British English has no term.)

It's fun to dig around and find new styles to look at and think about. Sometimes the looking at and thinking about leads to a good idea, a new way of doing the classic style, and we see where we end up.

I think our paddock jacket will be very unlike any pattern jacket that has gone before, most likely to the extent that it will be unrecognisable. But it will tap into the same purpose and functionality of those classic jackets, hopefully, and if a veteran paddock-jacketter was so inclined to wear one, they might think "Hey, this is actually quite good for mucking out the stables, even if it does have stupid pockets."

But for everyone else, it will just be a nice, casual jacket, and all the while another bastion of the British sartorial firmament available at our workshop / website.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
I’m sure it’ll be great. I didn’t mean to be rude or anything 😅. The idea of wearing one of your wonderful creations to muck out stables (I grew up near horses I know how disgusting that is) is slightly eye opening, but I suppose if you can afford a horse…

mattw

Reaction score
Hope this is OK...

I have a couple of SEH Kelly items for sale, only because I'm making room for new SEH Kelly items

fleblebleb

Reaction score
I think it is cool to post items for resale here, and that these items have a resale value.

But, if I were going to pay approximately the price of new then I would shop from SEHKelly.com directly, because, I wear their stuff a lot and I’d prefer they’re still there selling it next year, plus I can return a mistake, etc.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of balmacaans (!) the first of the new ones is nearly ready.

Loch blue is what this is.

balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-7s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-4s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-2s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-8s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-6s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-12s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-13s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-5s@2x.jpg
balmacaan-donegal-barleycorn-tweed-blue-0s@2x.jpg

The only obstacle on the path is a shortage of buttons, so we'll have some ready, but not all, by the time they go onto the website.

Zc94

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before.

But I was looking to purchase a pea coat, for my fellow American friends here, during the PayPal checkout page, is it better to pay the already converted USD or pay the pound and let bank determine the rate?
Thanks!

mattw

Reaction score
I think it is cool to post items for resale here, and that these items have a resale value.

But, if I were going to pay approximately the price of new then I would shop from SEHKelly.com directly, because, I wear their stuff a lot and I’d prefer they’re still there selling it next year, plus I can return a mistake, etc.

Noted and adjusted

shunese

Reaction score
Speaking of balmacaans (!) the first of the new ones is nearly ready.

Loch blue is what this is.

View attachment 1836258 View attachment 1836259 View attachment 1836260 View attachment 1836261 View attachment 1836262 View attachment 1836263 View attachment 1836266 View attachment 1836267 View attachment 1836268

The only obstacle on the path is a shortage of buttons, so we'll have some ready, but not all, by the time they go onto the website.
First of new ones? Do you mean there are other colors on the way?

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this has been discussed before.

But I was looking to purchase a pea coat, for my fellow American friends here, during the PayPal checkout page, is it better to pay the already converted USD or pay the pound and let bank determine the rate?
Thanks!
Let the bank of your card determine it, and that mean pay in pound. Paypal is sneaky, the default selection will cost you 10 to 20 more bucks.

DanielPicktonAllen

Reaction score
That green is amazing. If I didn’t already have a brown version from last year I’d be very tempted. I’m always in favour of more forest green, it’s one of my favourite colours. I think many times when outerwear is made in green they go for a shade of a sort of military green, which I often feel is a shame when green can be such a marvellous colour!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads