• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Took my flight jacket for a spin out on the ice today.

Going a few years strong at this point.

PXL_20220115_215159715.jpg

NO MERCY

Reaction score
Ripstop, right?

No, melton/sail cloth. This quote from the website's So They Say section is me ;)

"The flight jacket is a pleasure to wear thus far. The cut, colour, and craftsmanship are, respectively, sharp, saturated, and sturdy. I look forward to giving it more than the recent weak west-coast winter weather to brave up to.

So said a chap who purchased the flight jacket in a melton / sail-canvas combination in November of 2017."

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
No, melton/sail cloth. This quote from the website's So They Say section is me ;)

"The flight jacket is a pleasure to wear thus far. The cut, colour, and craftsmanship are, respectively, sharp, saturated, and sturdy. I look forward to giving it more than the recent weak west-coast winter weather to brave up to.
So said a chap who purchased the flight jacket in a melton / sail-canvas combination in November of 2017."

You should never believe those testimonials!

The jacket is a cracker. It takes me back. I haven't seen one of those for a year or two.

NO MERCY

Reaction score
nice! Been to Madison a couple of times—surprised there aren’t more skaters out on the lake!

Think I just got lucky towards the end of the day, there were plenty of other skaters, but most everybody was playing hockey down the east end.

WizardVigilante

Reaction score
Apologies if it's premature, just curious if ideas around SB3's for Spring have solidified? What kind of colours and materials can be expected and if there'll be matching trousers?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Apologies if it's premature, just curious if ideas around SB3's for Spring have solidified? What kind of colours and materials can be expected and if there'll be matching trousers?

We will be making some in heavy-ish and very machine-washable linen.

Plus some trousers — most likely the dress trousers, but the field trousers have an outside chance. (All of the trousers have been tweaked a fair amount in the time over Christmas, so all have new features and details here and there.)

xander_horst

Reaction score
need to get the sleeves tailored but still in love with this coat
I like that library with the ladder in the background too. Looks really sturdy so you could swing on it like Belle from Beauty and the Beast.

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@sehkelly will you be making any jackets and coats in extra extra larger sizes in the near future (Size 46-48 chest)?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@sehkelly will you be making any jackets and coats in extra extra larger sizes in the near future (Size 46-48 chest)?

I am sorry to say that's not on the cards, no. Sizes L and XL have become less and less popular over the past few years. I don't know why. That's just the direction our customer base has gone. We'll continue to offer XL in everything we make, but we make relatively few of them — and XXL and up, which was a consideration a few years ago, is highly unlikely to happen any time soon.

Sorry!

Sreezy36

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry to say that's not on the cards, no. Sizes L and XL have become less and less popular over the past few years. I don't know why. That's just the direction our customer base has gone. We'll continue to offer XL in everything we make, but we make relatively few of them — and XXL and up, which was a consideration a few years ago, is highly unlikely to happen any time soon.

Sorry!

thank you for the reply. Do you offer mtm/mto for your overcoat models?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads