• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@sehkelly Great coat looks...great so far. I enjoy the updates.

Also, i'm writing this to manifest my FW22. Here's to hoping the shawl cardigan is redone in all its 10 ply glory, and especially in molasses. Runner up would be throstle (slightly less dark brown). We tend to accumulate so many blue and grey articles that a rich deep brown is a wonderful compliment.

And if there ever is such a make up, I would also be (very) interested in a pre-order if it let me add a couple of inches onto the sleeves of said wonder.

That's some pretty targeted manifesting!

I think it is highly likely that we do make the shawl cardigan later in the year in the throstle colour. It's a dead-cert, I'd say. Maybe one other colour, this time, too.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
A few new (ish) photographs of various recent (ish) items being worn — mostly knitwear, such as the boatneck and gansey and watch cap, as well as the shirt with Kelly collar in the quite beguiling worsted-spun Bedford cord.

watch-cap-geelong-wool-asphalt-grey-1s@2x.jpg

crewneck-geelong-lambswool-admiral-dark-blue-2021-worn-4s@2x.jpg

gansey-geelong-lambswool-navy-grey-worn-2s@2x.jpg

crewneck-geelong-lambswool-admiral-dark-blue-2021-worn-1s@2x.jpg

watch-cap-geelong-wool-asphalt-grey-3s@2x.jpg

shirt-kelly-collar-wool-cord-cadet-blue-worn-2s@2x.jpg

boatneck-geelong-lambswool-derby-grey-worn-2s@2x.jpg

gansey-geelong-lambswool-navy-grey-worn-3s@2x.jpg

gansey-geelong-lambswool-navy-grey-worn-1s@2x.jpg

shirt-kelly-collar-wool-cord-cadet-blue-worn-3s@2x.jpg

boatneck-geelong-lambswool-derby-grey-worn-1s@2x.jpg

boatneck-geelong-lambswool-derby-grey-worn-3s@2x.jpg

crewneck-geelong-lambswool-admiral-dark-blue-2021-worn-3s@2x.jpg

Csus2

Reaction score
Are we going to see a wear photo of the cardigan any time soon?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the trench coat in weatherproof ripstop, which is an interesting counterpoint to the ones made with Herdwick tweed at the end of last year — as light as the tweed was heavy, and hi-tech nigh-waterproofness versus the old-world hydrophobic properties of the tweed.

trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-13s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-19s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-9s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-4s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-7s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-8s@2x.jpg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-sand-2s@2x.jpg

It's also very breathable, has great heat-transfer properties, and is, for what it is worth, flame-marsupialant. Remarkable stuff, and monumentally overqualified for a spring raincoat.

WizardVigilante

Reaction score
It's also very breathable, has great heat-transfer properties, and is, for what it is worth, flame-******ant. Remarkable stuff, and monumentally overqualified for a spring raincoat.

If this is the same aramid rip-stop as the car coat I can confirm it's a lovely material with a surprisingly pleasant hand for a basically indestructible synthetic fabric.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If this is the same aramid rip-stop as the car coat I can confirm it's a lovely material with a surprisingly pleasant hand for a basically indestructible synthetic fabric.

The very same!

The cloth is one of our favourites, but it's been a while since we used it. Indestructible isn't a bad word: my balmacaan made with the cloth looks the same now, four years on, as it did when new. It's lost the rigidity of when it was new, so now feels and drapes like thick, sturdy cotton, but keeps the rain off like ... well, a high-grade, hydrophobic technical fabric.

trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-cosmos-1@2x.jpeg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-cosmos-2@2x.jpeg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-cosmos-5@2x.jpeg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-cosmos-4@2x.jpeg
trench-coat-weatherproof-ripstop-cosmos-16@2x.jpeg

gwilliams84

Reaction score
For sale is the brilliant trench coat in weatherproof ripstop in "sand" in a size XS. I have worn this a handful of times and it is in perfect condition, with no marks, stains or holes. This trench is amazing, but it is just not getting the wear it deserves since I moved to a more casual working environment.

Purchased for £590 (around US$795 at today's rate), but letting this go for $550 (incl shipping).

BUMP and shameless plug if anyone misses out on the size XS. I can attest to this fabric - bulletproof, yet somehow breaks in to be wonderfully flowy. Hate to get rid of this, but it's not getting enough wear given I'm wearing tailoring a lot less.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads