• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WizardVigilante

Reaction score
I don't suppose there's any large every hats in tobacco that fell into some crevice in the workshop by any chance? Failing that, any plans for a restock at any point in the near, mid or distant future?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I don't suppose there's any large every hats in tobacco that fell into some crevice in the workshop by any chance? Failing that, any plans for a restock at any point in the near, mid or distant future?

The workshop may have many things, I'll have you know, but crevices is not one of them. It is as crevice-free a box of brick you ever did meet (apart from the chimney, though that has been blocked since 1948).

No more hats in that colour, sorry to say. The spot grey we do have, though, if you have a hankering for rabbit in other murky colours.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone who got the large or XL light sheep trench determines it won't work out, please let me know.

None were made in L or XL.

We ran out of cloth, alas.

The coat used just over 7m of cloth rather than the just under 7m we anticipated.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Yes — I emailed a link to the first group of folks on the waiting list (going back two years, up until early autumn) on Monday ... and it seems the link has gotten out.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Some photos of the recently launched-but-not-really-launched trench coat in Herdwick tweed ...

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-dark-7@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-dark-6@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-dark-8@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-dark-2@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-dark-10@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-light-19@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-light-5@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-light-2@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-light-13@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-dark-9@2x.jpeg

trench-coat-herdwick-tweed-light-4@2x.jpeg

The "light sheep" gets my vote!

booroo

Reaction score
Yes — I emailed a link to the first group of folks on the waiting list (going back two years, up until early autumn) on Monday ... and it seems the link has gotten out.

Not cool. I sincerely hope those who have been waiting for a long time manage to get what they were after.

That being said...please let me know when you consider an XS in light sheep to be fair game!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Not cool. I sincerely hope those who have been waiting for a long time manage to get what they were after.

That being said...please let me know when you consider an XS in light sheep to be fair game!

It's all fair game!

My suspicions were completely unfounded anyway. I left them quite visible on the website, thinking I was being clever, hiding them in plain sight, and someone simply saw them. Not the brightest, always, me. No one missed out because of this, thankfully.

ghh923

Reaction score
Now Paul, you would take an L in these, if they existed, right?

Thomas_M

Reaction score

Beautiful cloth!
I hope you consider it again in the future for other things!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
the key is to use search engine... or go to the specific category for it!

@sehkelly Hey Paul, just wondering if the fabric is 19 oz? It looks quite thick and by any chance you meant 29?

The 19oz number is the figure provided by the mill, and I've no reason to doubt it ...

... only the trench looks and feels no less thick or heavy than the extra-long balmacaan, and is as sturdy a coat as we've ever made. It's a whopper!

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Now Paul, you would take an L in these, if they existed, right?

Yes, but only because of the length of sleeve. It's otherwise a perfect fit in size M. But since it's a trench and it's all relaxed and unstructured, and can be pulled together with the belt no matter the additional cloth in the body, size L is very agreeable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads