• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
what do you use to cover them?
Oh no i dont. The drycleaner suppose to do that. We just need to tell them and hope they listened. I stop cheaping out on dry cleaning after a few fancy pieces got ruined :/

WizardVigilante

Reaction score
My Duster in Breen arrived, it's exactly what I was looking for. Wears over as many layers as I can throw at it and looks fit to withstand hurricane level rain. The colour is even better in natural light but the awful lighting in my office will have to do.

1634903089285.png

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
My Duster in Breen arrived, it's exactly what I was looking for. Wears over as many layers as I can throw at it and looks fit to withstand hurricane level rain. The colour is even better in natural light but the awful lighting in my office will have to do.

View attachment 1690084

The first I've seen in the wild. Really great to see.

You wear it well.

The patina looks great, too, but if you ever wish to remove it and restore the even distribution of the "stay-wax", then steam is your friend.

MaE

Reaction score
The Balmacaan has arrived and… damn, it really is beautiful. I think I’ll mostly wear it belted, so thanks for the people that have suggested to add a belt to this SF Bal’ version!

No pictures because well, today’s a day off and I’m still in my pajamas :blush:

mitsein

Reaction score
I'm 1,78 m and 78 to 80 kg.
It's a L size

May I ask what is your chest measurement? I am same height as you and 74kg, 38 chest and have a Duffle in size M. For the Balmacaan I am considering S, perhaps I should stick with M...

moimael

Reaction score
May I ask what is your chest measurement? I am same height as you and 74kg, 38 chest and have a Duffle in size M. For the Balmacaan I am considering S, perhaps I should stick with M...

I'm 1.74, 72kg and a 38 chest also. I receive mine in size S on Monday and will post pics if it helps :)

Chairbleue

Reaction score
Honnestly ... I don't really know.
I'm not a little chicken ... I'm probably something near 115 cm round (perhaps little more ?). I don't remember of the last measurements ... I juste taken the same sizing than last year :-D

MaE

Reaction score
Here are some quick indoor pictures (sorry for the bad color rendering, the coat is the green one). I’m just wearing a long-sleeved polo underneath the Bal and I think it will look perfect with a Shetland sweater, a cardigan or a sports coat underneath during the winter.

09D14708-37CD-40E1-B738-04887884E64C.jpeg
Open

0A1739FE-3E43-4301-A074-61F2564E67D7.jpeg
Belted1

CE6B0E2C-FD97-47D9-820D-E06B1356E3AA.jpeg
Belted2

Edit: this is a size M, I’m 183cm tall, have quite broad shoulders and weigh about 76kg. I usually take a size 50 in tailoring.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads