• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

S1722

Reaction score
Hi Paul - do you have a new line of long sleeved polos lined up for A/W?

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Paul - do you have a new line of long sleeved polos lined up for A/W?

No, alas — the polo is taking the winter off this year.

We're introducing the boatneck in lambswool instead, bringing back the bodywarmer, and currently working on a large shawl-neck cardigan which may make an appearance if all goes to plan.

And then the gansey and heavy crewneck, too.

S1722

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. Shame about the polos - bought a short sleeve one earlier in the year, and very keen to follow it up with a long sleeved winter version.

The lambswool boatneck sounds like a winner - I'd almost pushed the button on a cotton one last year, but wanted wool - so went for the crew neck instead (which is great). Look forward to seeing the cardigan too.

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Paul. Shame about the polos - bought a short sleeve one earlier in the year, and very keen to follow it up with a long sleeved winter version.

The lambswool boatneck sounds like a winner - I'd almost pushed the button on a cotton one last year, but wanted wool - so went for the crew neck instead (which is great). Look forward to seeing the cardigan too.

Cheers!

The cardigan may or may not make the cut. We are trying to do a few things differently with it, which will either be a resounding success or a spectacular backfire. We're in safe hands, though, as the knitwear maker has a canny knack of realising our ideas (see also the standard cardigan, and the boatneck, and their multitude of oddities).

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone in London has time on their hands and adventure in their hearts, a trip to a remote corner of Morayshire, Scotland, comes recommended. I did it on Monday.

However, I advise setting more time aside than a single day. Bit of a stretch, to be honest — with 8 hours of travel punctuated by an hour in an exciting little mill in the town of Buckie, which is where the new Herdwick tweed is currently being woven ... and then back again.

During my time on the road in pursuit of quality woollens, I had chance to prepare a few new photographs of various recent (and not very recent) additions being worn outside the workshop.

v-neck-sweater-cotton-seaweed-green-worn-1@2x.jpg

sb3-jacket-tropical-worsted-brown-worn-1@2x.jpg

v-neck-sweater-cotton-seaweed-green-worn-2@2x.jpg

boatneck-cotton-malt-worn-2@2x.jpg

boatneck-cotton-malt-worn-7@2x.jpg

sb3-jacket-tropical-worsted-brown-worn-4@2x.jpg

shopcoat-cotton-linen-hopsack-malt-worn-2@2x.jpg

boatneck-cotton-malt-worn-4@2x.jpg

sb3-jacket-tropical-worsted-brown-worn-2@2x.jpg

shopcoat-cotton-linen-hopsack-malt-worn-1@2x.jpg

I am particularly fond of the shopcoat, here, being as its pockets look impossibly large, when in reality they are only stupidly large.

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Would love to hear more about the shawl cardigan as things develop.

I’ve been thinking of adding another, possibly drakes or William lockie, in brown.

if it’s the somewhat classic and full type, I’d much rather go with SEH as your knits are my all time favs. (And I’d also love to see if getting one made with extra sleeve length is an option :) )

sehkelly

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Would love to hear more about the shawl cardigan as things develop.

I’ve been thinking of adding another, possibly drakes or William lockie, in brown.

if it’s the somewhat classic and full type, I’d much rather go with SEH as your knits are my all time favs. (And I’d also love to see if getting one made with extra sleeve length is an option :) )

We have done a shawl collar cardigan before, many moons ago, I think just for a shop in Japan.

It was ... well, a fairly standard shawl collar cardigan, single-breasted, single layer, and with our usual use of tuck-stitch and plain-stitch, and enormous front-spanning pockets.

The one we're working on now will take that as its base. However, my instructions to the knitwear maker involved a photograph of the old cardigan with liberal scribbles of marker pen all over it. There will be a new type of sleeve, different pockets including an in-seam chest pocket, and a chunking-up of its weight and general styling. We want it still to be "layerable" rather than being so chunky you can't possibly wear a coat over the top.

It is still in development, but the first sample will be with us in a few days. It is highly likely to turn out exactly as hoped ... but because it is trying something new -- especially with the sleeve -- there's always the chance we need to make further changes and it is pushed back a year. We have had this before, e.g. with the field jacket, whose beta version was a peculiar and arguably unwearable space-age thing ... and took another round of development for all the ideas to slot into place and become something we were proud to launch.

RozenKristal

Reaction score
Paul, do you have any plans for the SB3 this year? like the fabric choices and colors? Also, does anyone here has the tielocken with fit pics? I would love to see more fit pics from users here :D

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads